Microphone Help

Adam_Fitz

Dog Crazy
Hey
so I plan on buying a microphone once I get my new camera one to mount on

but I had the thought of getting a professional one for other things
Is there a way to use this microphone along with my camera
I was thinking it could lead to a lot of complications

or could i some way hook the camera microphone up to other things?

____

If needs be, I'm guessing I'll just buy the both for separate
-2643-2643-Peluso_P_67_Switchable_Pattern_Tube_Microphone-1282c240f06-4c.jpg videomicpro_3q.jpg

Last edited:
You should be able to hook the rode mic up to other things such as your pc however the quality may not be as good as using the top one. Is the top one an XLR mic? If so you will also need an external sound card or a preamp such as the Blue Icicle. With a preamp, if it is XLR, the top could also be connected to the camera (if your camera has a mic in). Could you give us more info about the exact models of the mics and the camera?

You should be able to hook the rode mic up to other things such as your pc however the quality may not be as good as using the top one. Is the top one an XLR mic? If so you will also need an external sound card or a preamp such as the Blue Icicle. With a preamp, if it is XLR, the top could also be connected to the camera (if your camera has a mic in). Could you give us more info about the exact models of the mics and the camera?
I settled on the rode for my camera
But I haven't picked a pro microphone yet

I just trying to figure out if I could buy one for both
Or if I need to buy two separate then I'll pick models

You should be able to use the RØDE into your pc though it isn't as nice a mic as many for sheer quality. You would need a program like Audition or Audacity to record it but I believe it should work.

You should be able to use the RØDE into your pc though it isn't as nice a mic as many for sheer quality. You would need a program like Audition or Audacity to record it but I believe it should work.

Oh brilliant
I'll buy the rode for my camera
And try it out with my laptop
Thanks so much! :)

Back