Matched 3rd party content on most viewed video with 150,000 views?

PChanger

Liking YTtalk
So a while ago I made a parody of a 1D song and it wen't a bit crazy. Anyway, it is now my most viewed video with over 150,000 views. Even though I had permission to use the background instrumental track from the guy who created it, and i sang the lyrics myself YouTube refused to let me monetize it and is giving me a "matched 3rd party content" thing. Here is a screen shot:

Untitled.jpg

I am a bit annoyed with YouTube, because I could have made a ton of $$$ of off that video, but they screwed it all up by disabling it for monitization. Anyway, what is going to happen if I click the acknowledge button? Is there any chance at all that the video will get removed? What should I do? Thanks for your suggestions!

~Luke[DOUBLEPOST=1395212888,1395212796][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, btw if you are wondering why it has so many dislikes, for some reason almost all of the 1D fan girls thought that I was making fun of 1D (but I wasn't)

Yeah generally parodies of 1D or JB, or anyone like that always gets a lot of dislikes :giggle:.

You should be able to dispute it if you can prove you got permission from the owners of the content. Parodies are considered fair use, but they are a bit tricky when it comes to YouTube.

YouTube is also trying to fix a lot with the copyright stuff since it detects things automatically. So maybe that has something to do with it.

I tried to dispute it a while ago, and most of the things released their claims or whatever but a few of them didn't. Also, it is a bit difficult to "prove" that I got permission because I just left a comment on his instrumental video asking if it was ok for me to use it in a parody. He replied and said that it was ok, but when i sent a screenshot of it to YouTube the just complained that it was not in writing or in a pm that specifically said "I <channel owner> give PChangerProductions the right to use the audio from my video <video name> in his video "Kill You - A Parody of Kiss You by One Direction". I tried to get him to message me permission but he never responded.

I tried to dispute it a while ago, and most of the things released their claims or whatever but a few of them didn't. Also, it is a bit difficult to "prove" that I got permission because I just left a comment on his instrumental video asking if it was ok for me to use it in a parody. He replied and said that it was ok, but when i sent a screenshot of it to YouTube the just complained that it was not in writing or in a pm that specifically said "I <channel owner> give PChangerProductions the right to use the audio from my video <video name> in his video "Kill You - A Parody of Kiss You by One Direction". I tried to get him to message me permission but he never responded.
Yeah it's a bit tricky.

Back