looking for tips and pointers from you guys

J.rizzo091

Loving YTtalk
Hey everyone i posted on here yesterday that im going to be rededicating my old youtube channel to be creating video and filmmaking tutorials. everything from behind the camera tips to the post work flow and how to use certain programs like adobe premiere. magic bullet looks, after effects, divinci resolve, and others. even how to do specific effects. my questions for you guys though are what kind of things would you like to see from a channel like that. and do you have any tips to make a tutorial based channel better?

Hi there, that sounds great. As someone who is extremely interested in filmmaking and the 'behind the scenes' aspects, that would definitely be something I'd want to keep up with.
If you were doing tutorials on video editing, I'd quite like to see one that takes concepts and explains them in depth with examples and tutorials. And more focused on the aspects of video editing that a YouTuber is most likely to use, for example video layering, basic keystone animation, filming styles etc.

Hi there, that sounds great. As someone who is extremely interested in filmmaking and the 'behind the scenes' aspects, that would definitely be something I'd want to keep up with.
If you were doing tutorials on video editing, I'd quite like to see one that takes concepts and explains them in depth with examples and tutorials. And more focused on the aspects of video editing that a YouTuber is most likely to use, for example video layering, basic keystone animation, filming styles etc.

That is awesome! I might actually take that advice and role with it! Thank you

I'm happy with what I know about video editing. I started with absolutely no knowledge about it whatsoever, and now I'm at a stage where I'm happy with the work that goes into my videos, but it's entirely self-taught. I know I could have used a few pointers in the right direction when I was starting off, it would have saved me a heck of a lot of time.

I'm happy with what I know about video editing. I started with absolutely no knowledge about it whatsoever, and now I'm at a stage where I'm happy with the work that goes into my videos, but it's entirely self-taught. I know I could have used a few pointers in the right direction when I was starting off, it would have saved me a heck of a lot of time.
that is cool! i was actually the same way i started 8 years ago. and im also completely self taught. thats why i want to start this channel so i can help others acheive with the knowledge that i have aquired over the years

Yeah some behind the scene film videos would be cool, and tips to shooting better films. I'm interested in learning to film too! Did you learn yourself or go to school for film?

Yeah some behind the scene film videos would be cool, and tips to shooting better films. I'm interested in learning to film too! Did you learn yourself or go to school for film?
a little bit of both i went to school for 3 years for video editing. but honestly most of my knowledge is self taught and made through experimenting and trial and error.

a little bit of both i went to school for 3 years for video editing. but honestly most of my knowledge is self taught and made through experimenting and trial and error.
Cool, well I look forward to seeing your new videos and hopefully learning something :)

Back