Is it awkward to have someone else to create your material?

londonorbika

Liking YTtalk
I feel like in order to connect to people on youtube, that a youtuber should solely create their own designs, banners, material... if your dependent on another person then how will you ever learn how to do it yourself. It's fine if your feature someone's designs but I just think that it's important that mostly everything is created by YOU! just a thought that came to mind.

-LO. :up2:

No it is not awkward at all. Why not get a designer to do the designs? It's their job, and chances are they are way better at it than you. Nothing wrong with getting other people involved.

No it is not awkward at all. Why not get a designer to do the designs? It's their job, and chances are they are way better at it than you. Nothing wrong with getting other people involved.

yaaa it depends, but why not strive to become the designer too..? what if you want to make changes, but you can't because you didn't design it in the first place. ehhh I guess it doesn't matter. it's okay i guess... :oops:

Ive made all my own stuff
BUT i have to disagree, i think it is better to have your stuff like channel art done by a professional
You can work with the artist to get it exactly the way you want it to be
and that way it will be really good and you wont wanna keep changing it all the time

yaaa it depends, but why not strive to become the designer too..? what if you want to make changes, but you can't because you didn't design it in the first place. ehhh I guess it doesn't matter. it's okay i guess... :oops:
Not everyone wants to be a designer! Better to be good at one thing rather than a jack of all trades, master of none

No it is not weird at all, at least I don't think lol. My channel banner and avatar were made by someone else. The person who made it is an artist who does commission, so I contacted her and asked her to make me a banner and an avatar :)

Ive made all my own stuff
BUT i have to disagree, i think it is better to have your stuff like channel art done by a professional
You can work with the artist to get it exactly the way you want it to be
and that way it will be really good and you wont wanna keep changing it all the time

I see your point, and it's okay to have it done by yourself or a professional too.. :D[DOUBLEPOST=1418546598,1418546104][/DOUBLEPOST]
No it is not weird at all, at least I don't think lol. My channel banner and avatar were made by someone else. The person who made it is an artist who does commission, so I contacted her and asked her to make me a banner and an avatar :)

Yaaa I guess thats cool, whatever works for you!! I just always did my own stuff, because sometimes people don't do it up to par.

I recently got a cartoon drawing of me for a profile pick on my VA channel and I never could have done that myself. Its all in what you want to do. I mean, I wanted to learn how to create some graphics, so I did my own title for my main channel, but it's rubbish compared to the one on my VA channel I got a designer to do :)

Back