I'm noticing

BuildALot Acres

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm noticing a lot of people join here, say something along the lines of "Subscribe to my channel", or "Sub for sub" then bounce like a ping pong ball into obscurity, never to post or be heard from again. Most don't even respond to the thread they created in the first place. I look at their profile and see they're often in their early to mid 20's. Not sure if its a generational thing or what. It'd be like going to a job interview and saying "Pay me 100k a year, then giving them no reason to want to do so. Is this really the level of "work" people are willing to do to get paid on YT? I like most others I'm sure have a full time job and a family and do YT as a side thing to have fun, and maybe, just maybe make a little money one day.

Just gives me a chuckle I guess.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
There's a bunch of reasons for those. Some just try to poke their nose into as many platforms/forums as possible to see if something gets traction. Others might be trying the forum but don't take the rules seriously & just leave after seeing low/0 feedback, or maybe they don't like the slow rhythm.

crazy-logic

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not sure if its a generational thing or what. It'd be like going to a job interview and saying "Pay me 100k a year, then giving them no reason to want to do so. Is this really the level of "work" people are willing to do to get paid on YT?
Yeah - I've seen this sooo many times too. also they 'whhhyyyy isn't my channel growing' (filled with no actual interesting content that's had any time or love put into it) Unfortunately it stems from everyone being special, if everyone is special then no-one is. just they don't get told this at school.

The thing with tube and tok is that sometimes, doing not alot actually gets people somewhere. by somewhere i mean some $$$

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
It's been happening here for half a decade now. I can understand how hard it is to reach an audience, but self-promotion can be really annoying.

I prefer the threads where people ask for feedback on their channel, you'll get people to check out your work and give you tips and tops.
You will gain fans through that or find out how to have a better chance of gaining fans. Either way, you're getting an extra view :cool:

RidingWithStymie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't get it? I uploaded 6 vids of me picking my nose last week & I don't have 1,000 subs yet? I thought I'd be makin' bank by now. Lol!

It's just spam, telemarketing, hoping somebody will glom onto their channel. Unfortunately, there are lots of channels that have been around forever & have millions of subs that post a lot of junk, because they can get away with it now. A while back I watched a couple of Casey Neistat's vids. They were 100% trash. He can get away with that now, but young followers don't realize you can't grow a channel doing that. Unless you are a magnetically sexy female lol!

What really cracks me up is reading the comments on any SEO related channel on YouTube. It makes me feel embarrassed for the creator.