I want to start reviewing technology?

MarcuzXD

I'd like to start a channel that's somewhat similar to maybe MobileTechReview and the like.

I just love technology and it's my passion. I would love to review anything from mobile phones, laptops, gaming consoles and accessories, and anything else I can think of that is technology.

I just have no idea where to start. I'm assuming the people that regularly review these products get free review units. I don't really have anything new currently in the technology world either, my phone is a year old and so is my laptop. Does anyone have any experience in this field? Any help is really appreciated!

my advice is just to jump in & review more obscure tech, like the not so often talked about pieces in the tech world, but even more important, just review what you want & be creative with your vids. :)

I'd like to start a channel that's somewhat similar to maybe MobileTechReview and the like.

I just love technology and it's my passion. I would love to review anything from mobile phones, laptops, gaming consoles and accessories, and anything else I can think of that is technology.

I just have no idea where to start. I'm assuming the people that regularly review these products get free review units. I don't really have anything new currently in the technology world either, my phone is a year old and so is my laptop. Does anyone have any experience in this field? Any help is really appreciated!

About 3 and a half years ago, I was in your position. What did I do? I made videos about the technology I already had. Tutorials and app reviews with my iPhone. Make videos that would interest you.

I review tech on my channel, and I would say just make videos about whatever technology you can get your hands on. Whether it's your own, your parents, siblings, or friends, I'm sure if you ask nicely they may let you use something they have. If you have a smartphone, apps are a great place to start. Don't review apps that already have 100+ other videos on them, like Temple Run. Look for new apps, or apps that don't have a lot of videos on them. If you do see someone else has made a video on something you want to talk about, you can. Just share your opinion on it. Also, audio quality over video quality. It doesn't matter if you don't have a fancy camera. Most of your investment should go into good audio.

I hope this helps!

-Elisabeth

yeah its kinda hard to get into that because its expensive! and yeah a lot of those guys get free stuff to review so its easy for them, i would start by reviewing little things, or things you already own, if people are interested and like seeing your reviews, itll grow to bigger and better things

You should review most of the tech that you currently own, get a fairly big subscriber and view count, and then contact companies and ask them to send you a sample to review. I'm getting a few iPhone 5 cases that way :)

Back