I need help recording audio

BlueBerry

I've Got It
Specifically, I can't figure out how to record Skype/TS, my game video&audio, and my microphone. I tried having to audacity programs open, one on stereo mix the other on my mic, but whenver i change one, the other goes to the same (meaning they both record the same decice).
I need these to all be on seperate tracks so I can edit the volume acordingly, but I cant even figure out how to record them at all. If I use Fraps (my game recording software) I cant use Sony Movie Studio to edit, as it doens't except .avi so im forced to just use movie maker, but that only has 2 audio tracks.
ACK, idek anymore.
can someone explain to me how you do it so my brain can stop hurting? :'(

If windows movie maker can accept two audio tracks, you should be fine with using fraps for system audio and audacity for microphone audio, so what's the problem? You don't mean trying to have Skype/TS on a separate audio file from the game audio, do you?

If windows movie maker can accept two audio tracks, you should be fine with using fraps for system audio and audacity for microphone audio, so what's the problem? You don't mean trying to have Skype/TS on a separate audio file from the game audio, do you?
Yes, I want my voice, skype, and game audio on their own tracks, becuase volume may varry.

Yes, I want my voice, skype, and game audio on their own tracks, becuase volume may varry.
I mean, it seems like it'd be easier to try to balance your audio out before recording, but if you really want to open that can of worms, you could ask your friends to record their audio, and talk to them on Skype over your phone or something while you record your game audio and your microphone, but I don't know how well that'd work. I'm sure there's other options, but I don't know enough to talk about that.

I mean, it seems like it'd be easier to try to balance your audio out before recording, but if you really want to open that can of worms, you could ask your friends to record their audio, and talk to them on Skype over your phone or something while you record your game audio and your microphone, but I don't know how well that'd work. I'm sure there's other options, but I don't know enough to talk about that.
I would configure the audio in post but im reeeally bad at judging the levels. Plus my main issue is just recording the system and my voice at the same time. I can do it with FRAPS butlike i said i have to use Movie maker and that makes me sad cuz its a pain in the arcanine

I would configure the audio in post but im reeeally bad at judging the levels. Plus my main issue is just recording the system and my voice at the same time. I can do it with FRAPS butlike i said i have to use Movie maker and that makes me sad cuz its a pain in the arcanine
I mean, you don't have to use movie maker, there's other editing programs out there. You might just want to invest in a better editing program, if you can.

Back