I need a review!

BobbyP

<<< Could you please watch that video help me n how I can improve? Content wise I'm looking to make sketches that might make people laugh, But I am only one man and I genuinely have no idea what I'm doing?

Your goal is to convey how annoying loud people are. You gave 3 examples: sleeping behaviour, eating habits, and phone batter. Excellent choices! However, your examples extended too long. It should be short and brief to get your message across, unless it's extremely funny. But your scenes dragged on a little too long and made it almost unbearable to watch. Also, I find you are over-doing it to the point where it doesn't become funny. There's a difference between dumb funny and plain dumb and this one is borderline in-between. The way you cook your instant noodles... who cooks like that? I think you should have just stuck with how loud people eat some times. Would be awesome if you can portray that in a public setting or even have a couple of your friends to re-enact certain examples. But if you are adamant about doing this solo, you should really consider editing meticulously so that it doesn't drag on too long. (Btw, go to a Korean market and try "Shin Raimyun". You won't regret it! One of the best instant noodles you will try. That's if you can handle spice. The noodles you were eating looked white...).

Aside from the bashing above, I can see you took the time to create this mini-skit. Effort is definitely visible and I give you props for that. I like your intro clip where you say "subscribe"... but maybe you should consider adding a lively music/song to it. Also, try putting it AFTER your intro talk of why you find loud people so obnoxious. Your viewers will have a better idea of what your video will be about instead of being potentially turned off by your intro-subscribe clip.

I find your goofy pants hilarious and your hair-do one-of-a-kind. Just don't over-do / over-kill / exaggerate too much on your comedy and you will get an "lol" from me. Keep up the hard work!

The comment above highlighted alot of things that you could do. I feel that by simply keeping the cuts shorter and snappier would improve it. More often than not the use of jumpcuts are what cause much space for comedy, if you do or say something strange or comedic and then instantly cut away to something completely different, it leaves people sat there, having to keep their brain working and makes them enjoy/appreciate the constant change you're displaying. Other than that it's obvious you're putting effort into it, and that's all you'll really need to keep on going and improve.

Your goal is to convey how annoying loud people are. You gave 3 examples: sleeping behaviour, eating habits, and phone batter. Excellent choices! However, your examples extended too long. It should be short and brief to get your message across, unless it's extremely funny. But your scenes dragged on a little too long and made it almost unbearable to watch. Also, I find you are over-doing it to the point where it doesn't become funny. There's a difference between dumb funny and plain dumb and this one is borderline in-between. The way you cook your instant noodles... who cooks like that? I think you should have just stuck with how loud people eat some times. Would be awesome if you can portray that in a public setting or even have a couple of your friends to re-enact certain examples. But if you are adamant about doing this solo, you should really consider editing meticulously so that it doesn't drag on too long. (Btw, go to a Korean market and try "Shin Raimyun". You won't regret it! One of the best instant noodles you will try. That's if you can handle spice. The noodles you were eating looked white...).

Aside from the bashing above, I can see you took the time to create this mini-skit. Effort is definitely visible and I give you props for that. I like your intro clip where you say "subscribe"... but maybe you should consider adding a lively music/song to it. Also, try putting it AFTER your intro talk of why you find loud people so obnoxious. Your viewers will have a better idea of what your video will be about instead of being potentially turned off by your intro-subscribe clip.

I find your goofy pants hilarious and your hair-do one-of-a-kind. Just don't over-do / over-kill / exaggerate too much on your comedy and you will get an "lol" from me. Keep up the hard work!
Thank you! This gave me a good idea on what to do :)

Back