I just don't get what it is going on.....

Carl Hinton

Loving The Gameplay
I may be kidding myself but I think I am hyper - critical of my videos and I'm constantly looking to improve. But I just don't understand why I have been stuck at 118 ish subs for months now.

I know everyone says it but I think my content is pretty good. I have gone out and spent good money on a cracking machine to record every vid at 1080p, a Yeti mic to have crystal clear audio , a HD camcorder to record my ugly self and I have put lots of effort into editing the let's plays into something I would consider to be interesting and entertaining. I only record 1 episode at a time to keep the energy up there.

I honestly feel like I have done everything right according to the bible of Yttalk and I still enjoy YouTubing with my great subs, but still I aren't gaining any more and the views hover around 10+ for each vid.

The only thing I dont do to an extreme is advertise. I post my vids up on the LoyG and here and now Fullscreen, but I honestly feel like I should be making more progress than I currently am.

Any thoughts aside from the obvious would be most welcomed.

Maybe because you're ugly? You said it, not me :p

You should try marketing on Facebook and Twitter as well as continuing to brand yourself. Good luck! :)

Headed over to your channel to see if I could help any but unfortunately I haven't the slightest idea about the gaming video market on YouTube and what's good/bad about gaming videos. I'm sure someone else may be able to help you out though. All I can say is keep doing what you do, but try to be unique and set yourself apart from the other YouTubers that do similar games and such. Best of luck.

That's a good thing, if you feel theres more to improve that's ALWAYS good. Not many people have that trait, so embrace it. It just makes you better :D

Gaming channels are hard to grow at unless you have a very popular video--which is extremely hard to come by.

LP's for small channels do not do well--view count is always low and you will seldom get subscribers (even if the videos have good commentary, that's just the way it is).

I noticed that you play BO2. Honestly, you will have a better chance of getting your gameplay and channel noticed if you do BO2 commentaries... especially with the high quality equipment that you already have. You don't have to stop doing your LP's, you just might want to do more of other things.

Try and promote elsewhere and everywhere to get your channel noticed.

I'll be brutally honest here, that BO2 video was not very interesting... It's not a particularly good gameplay and I'm not sure what you are trying to show me here. It's just cuts and pastes of you shooting stuff with music in the background, and no scoreboard at the end... If you were going for a montage, montages are usually done for cool gameplay like trick shots and stuff--not just regular stuff. Sorry, if that sounded mean but you wanted to know how to improve.

Gaming channels are hard to grow at unless you have a very popular video--which is extremely hard to come by.

LP's for small channels do not do well--view count is always low and you will seldom get subscribers (even if the videos have good commentary, that's just the way it is).

I noticed that you play BO2. Honestly, you will have a better chance of getting your gameplay and channel noticed if you do BO2 commentaries... especially with the high quality equipment that you already have. You don't have to stop doing your LP's, you just might want to do more of other things.

Try and promote elsewhere and everywhere to get your channel noticed.

I'll be brutally honest here, that BO2 video was not very interesting... It's not a particularly good gameplay and I'm not sure what you are trying to show me here. It's just cuts and pastes of you shooting stuff with music in the background, and no scoreboard at the end... If you were going for a montage, montages are usually done for cool gameplay like trick shots and stuff--not just regular stuff. Sorry, if that sounded mean but you wanted to know how to improve.

Thank you for being honest ! It's exactly what I was after :)

I have zero problems with criticism that's trying to help me out, especially when I ask for it, so thank you all for the feedback. The idea behind the BO2 video I put up yesterday was more entertaining for me than anything else. I created the music and admittedly didn't put much effort into the BO2 footage. It was more a case of recording a few matches and trying to sync the edit with the music to make it flow.

I guess the point of this thread was that I do not quite get how I have stagnated so much over the last month or two. My ego isn't so fragile that I think I'm the greatest thing since slice bread and cry into my cereal because I think the rest of the world should owe me something like watching all my videos. Not at all. It was more the point that I put a lot of energy and dedication into my channel (dont even start vloggers) and it isn't due to a lack of quality equipment, unlike MANY more popular channels I see from 12 year olds doing the same goddamn crappy BO2 vids with s**t quality. But if my content is boring, I would rather know so I can change things up.

Again, thanks guys !

Gaming channel is everywhere in Youtube. I think it's hard to be popular. Try to promote your channel at everywhere but don't spamming. Otherwise, they will ignore you. If you have something else than gaming, try to make it.

Back