I have no idea...

I assume it won't cost for people that already have channels and mostly for newcomers joining that late into the game?

No I guess it will cost the same for every user, but it will only apply to a small amount of channels. See YouTube as a TV broadcasting station, most of the channels will be still free to watch, but the premium stuff will need you to pay.

I dont know if its official already, but Im referring to a reliable source. Just to let you know that Im not sure how it will be like at the end.

Since it's the internet everything will change really fast.
youtube plans to get the "pay-tv"-model going, where you have to pay for subscriptions.

Basically that means: YouTube will cost something.

And since its already happening youtube will become more and more a place where companies find business.
YouTube -> TheirTube.

Yeah... The world is going to explode and YouTube will be charging us for breathing... *yawn*

When is this gonna start? So basically us normal guys will be free and I assume stuff like the official CNN yt channel or whatever will charge for us to see it?

When is this gonna start? So basically us normal guys will be free and I assume stuff like the official CNN yt channel or whatever will charge for us to see it?

Yes, just like that.

But which channels will be pay-channels: I have no idea.. :unsure:
When does it start: I have no idea neither.. :unsure:

For me who is german Ive heard that there will be some gaming pay channels, some for cooking etc.
But again: Im just referring to what Ive heard and its not that much.

Oh. In that case. I hardly care. I just hope some if the big youtubers don't get swell heads and start turning their channels into pay channels. Or will this only apply to actual companies and corporations?

It pretty much affects no one. People tend to freak out over everything. Much ado about nothing...

Haha, I didn't want to freak out.

Its still in its early phase but Im pretty sure YouTube will carry the payment-model further on, maybe they want some of the popular youtubers to be part of that, too. They started with few channels but I could expand in the future.

I added this to the topic because I think "OneChannel" is a kinda harmless change. If that bothers people already that much, I can guarantee that they wont be happy about what could be in the future.

Just a little prediction of mine, nothing more. :D

Back