i dont want to use my real name...

MrSkerzzzz

I've Got It
Okay I know this has probably been addressed at some point in the past but im still asking the question because not every situation is identical. so...
I recently made a gaming channel which is MrSkerzHasGamez and I cant seem to figure out how to not use my real name. i changed my name in G+ to Slammin' Skerz which surprisingly worked but i just did that to not get my real name on there. i want my channel name. there used to be an option to disconnect your youtube from G+ (which is how i got my original channel to stay the same) but it isn't there anymore. can someone please help me and tell me how to change it? also my little brother just made a channel like a couple days ago and he wants a channel name. not his real name. he was really bummed when i couldn't figure it out for him. having a channel name is part of the fun of having a youtube account. it gives you a chance to be creative even before making videos.

I think the channel name isn't really a big part of your success, but it definitely gives you freedom to be creative with names. My channel name has changed a couple times, but I am certain that I don't want to change it again. I have not seen a way to disconnect Google+ from YouTube. If you are trying to come up with a good name, I can't give you any real suggestions, but I can tell you that you should make your name relevant to the content you make. For example, a channel name for a Minecraft channel could be Craft Master or something of that nature. I don't think I have used my real name in any of my YouTube videos, and none of my subscribers have said anything about it. I hope you have a good time creating your channel name.

well I already have a channel name for both of my channels. and my brother already has a name picked out. but what im asking is is there any way to put my channel name in the spot where my "real" name goes? because the way youtube is currently, is that when you create a youtube channel, you have to create a G+ account automatically and that uses your real name. you are able to change your "real name" on G+ but it will only allow certain names/words so you can not put down your channel name.

well I already have a channel name for both of my channels. and my brother already has a name picked out. but what im asking is is there any way to put my channel name in the spot where my "real" name goes? because the way youtube is currently, is that when you create a youtube channel, you have to create a G+ account automatically and that uses your real name. you are able to change your "real name" on G+ but it will only allow certain names/words so you can not put down your channel name.
That's weird. My G+ name is my YouTube channel name. I don't know what the problem is.

Usually when I sign in it asks me if I want to use YouTube as Jason Wan (Google+) or ImTheAsianGamer. Does nothing like that come up when you sign?

Usually when I sign in it asks me if I want to use YouTube as Jason Wan (Google+) or ImTheAsianGamer. Does nothing like that come up when you sign?

not on my new channel. on my old one it used to but i made it so it doesnt do that anymore. part of me wants to become a youtube partner but another part of me doesnt want to because of this stupid crap.

Back