How useful is Twitter in boosting your channel?

konisbored

YTtalk's Anti-Boredom Youtuber
So just recently I decided to switch my channel's official page from Facebook to Twitter.
But is Twitter better for discover-ability? How useful do you find it in helping your Youtube channel? Personal opinions? :wideyed2:

If I am completely honest I have found both Facebook and Twitter to not be all that useful even when you are very active on both sites posting regular and engaging content there isnt that much response a lot of the time, thats at least what I have found with YTtalks Twitter and Facebook. Facebook is much worse though, on Facebook you have more chance of getting a response from talking to a stone.

They have brought new members into YTtalk but I dont believe its that many, I think the majority of new members from Twitter have come from others mentioning the site but of course thats with a website and it can be different for channels but in my experience with channels it has been similar, little to no response even when you have a lot of followers.

It could give you an extra one hundred views if you follow lot of people prior, but there's no real way of getting a sure-fire plan to gain views.

Twitter has a much more open user-base, meaning there's more chance for someone to find your content on Twitter then there is on Facebook. This is only because of the Facebook 'like' functionality, restricting you to pages that you're already aware of.

No one new is going to find it without looking for your name exactly, whereas with Twitter you'd have more chance finding people with a hashtag then by searching for their name.

yaaaaaaaaaaay :smug:......................i agree.............:D
Advertising on twitter sucks :banghead2:......boooohooooo :furious:

Facebook too :wtf:

I'll stick to Forums, Word of Mouth and stuff like that.........:cold:
But that sucks too :mstickle:.......... So i suppose i'll just have to be consistent..........the same goes for u.......:roflmao2:

xD Lolololololololololo :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Try using hashtags, allot of popular twitter users retweet and/or favourite certain hashtags, but this still isn't going to do anything major, twitter is more of a way for another gateway for more traffic if it gets popular, if all you're doing is posting your videos on there that isn't going to much, you need to start gaining followers, tweeting to weird people like @JeriKane and using it to update your fans of upcoming events or videos.

Back