How to use google analytics?

talitha

YTtalk Mad
I'm so confused as o how to use it right now, can anyone help me i've set up account but how do i link it to youtube channel

First go to your YouTube account > Video Manager > Channel Settings > Advanced! Scroll down and you should see "Google Analytics account ID". Then you can enter your Analytics ID there. It should be in the form of: "U-xxxxx-1" and can be found on the Google Analytics page. Click save and now it should be fine! Just give it 24 hours to update! ;)

You press the tab, "ad performance" is everything CPM related, and the rest is stuff like demographics and viewer retention, it's all very usefull.

I have done as the instructions suggest and analytics only displayed one visitor (probably me). Can someone explain in a bit more detail exactly what you need to do or post screen shots of their google analytics to see what data and how much should be coming through?

Thanks,

vgjfelix

I assume you're watching the real-time one. You can see an overview of the total unique visitors under Audience tab. That is a more reliable number to follow as it shows the different visitors that watched you.

To get it to work is strange. You simply post the ID in the YouTube Advanced section named "Google Analytics account ID". It's a short code with "UA-00000000-0" that you post into it. The analytics will not link immediately but it should report pretty soon.

I assume you're watching the real-time one. You can see an overview of the total unique visitors under Audience tab. That is a more reliable number to follow as it shows the different visitors that watched you.

To get it to work is strange. You simply post the ID in the YouTube Advanced section named "Google Analytics account ID". It's a short code with "UA-00000000-0" that you post into it. The analytics will not link immediately but it should report pretty soon.

Thanks for the info, however, I was looking at the audience tab which showed 5 for the whole day. I average 15,000-20,000 views a day so it still seems way off.

Back