How to Mount Rode Mic on a Tripod

Michael

I Love YTtalk
In this video Brodie shows you how to mount your Rode Videomic on a tripod, you get much better sound quality when recording closer to the mic and doing this allows you get the mic just out of shot. Have a look, it takes minutes to do and is really worth it:

Thank you for watching :)

@brodielawrence thanks for this video, I am trying this out at some point next week myself :D

In this video Brodie shows you how to mount your Rode Videomic on a tripod, you get much better sound quality when recording closer to the mic and doing this allows you get the mic just out of shot. Have a look, it takes minutes to do and is really worth it:

Thank you for watching :)

@brodielawrence thanks for this video, I am trying this out at some point next week myself :D

Thank you so much for sharing!

Sharing i caring!

One downside to this method is using a poor tripod, I tried an old cheap mini one and it didnt fit properly and wouldnt balance at all, my normal tripod works well with it though :)
yeah, the length of it doesn't work very well with smaller tripods sadly

yeah, the length of it doesn't work very well with smaller tripods sadly

I can still use it as soon as I get my extension as I will use my main tripod for the mic and stick the camera on the cheap one, it will be fine indoors :D I went for a 5m extension for a couple of quid on ebay, hopefully it works well :D

Back