How to be more funny?

I know that modern comedy these days is built on the premise of irony, and tricking peoples logic, or delivering a very logical punchline in certain tones that are amusing, those are variations of observational comedy. Also plain stupid comedy can work like slapstick humor but one must have a very good sense of humor or juvenile understanding of comedy. You also have dark comedy that is more sophisticated and hard to undrstand unless you live in an environment that you can understand things like sarcasm and wit.

All in all, in reality you can't really teach someone to be funny, you either have it or you don't. It is no different then natural born singers. Yes you can train for it, but you can tell if someone has that natural element of being funny, you can sense it as a part of their personality and overall self.

I have to agree with what has been said where delivery is key. It is hard to be funny because everyone has there own ideas on what is funny or not. Some people think that being extremely serious with a messed up or random sentence is the most amazing thing ever, then some people love dry humor. It all depends on your audience. I don't really try to be funny in my videos and don't really think they are that funny myself, they are more or less just me being awkward on camera, but some people like that stuff. To sum up this block of text, learn your audience and practice your delivery! I'm sure that soon enough you will have people urinating everywhere!

Watch a lot of comedians and stand up! It really really helps a lot.

Also, when you're first starting sometimes making light hearted jokes at your own expense is the easiest.

Back