Request How Do You Do This In Photoshop?

Korny

I've Got It
I always used to use GIMP 2 for my thumbnails because it's like free. But I needed photoshop for school and i decided I might as well use it for thumbnails too. So I was just wondering how would you make a thumbnail like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

I guess I'm mainly talking about the outlined bodies like how would you outline it like that? Also are the red and green banners just rectangles that have transparency and are just put on an angle?

but yes once again mainly just looking for how to outline the bodies like that! Thank you to anyone who helps! :)

you have to crudely cut out the individuals then just give them a stroke of say 4 or 5, duplicate the stroke and blur it until you get the desired poop. But honestly this would have looked a lot better without the cut out weirdness, it served no purpose.

If you right click (or double-click on the 'FX') on the image layer (in the layers panel) and open "blending options" you can add an "outer glow", change the colour and size to get that effect :) The red and green banners are indeed rectangles with lower opacity & angled :)

For the green and red strips, just rectangles coloured, put at that angle, lowered opacity. For the two cut out people, just crop them out from the background, and add an outer glow, then mess about with the settings. For the text, write what you want, add a stroke, and drop shadow, then angle it the same as the rectangles and place the layer above. Simple!

Thank you all of you for your responses! I was just wondering one thing. Both @Sinc and @papermanga mentioned that you need to add a stroke: what exactly is this? Thank you again :)

Back