How do you divide up collab earnings?

I've done quite a few collaborations, and in the pranking world, it's usually your idea so usually it's never split. An idea in the pranking world is worth much more than the collaboration, so i've never heard of anyone splitting money. And I myself have been in two videos where both were my idea.
- I gave one of them as a collaboration to help myself grow
- And the second video I made for this other channel as a shoutout but also showing one of my videos
And both videos went to 1M+ views, but not on my channel as stated above. I get no revenue from it (easily 2k+ dollars), but that is fine because I did it to get viewership and a subscriber base, rather than money.

So to shorten things, money isn't really the important thing in collaborations, its about helping spread the growth, and really it's much more fun doing collaborations. Or at least, I like pranking with many different people.

- Ken
that is exactly how i feel![DOUBLEPOST=1406210318,1406210101][/DOUBLEPOST]btw, lmfao at that bathroom prank vid, ken. i lol'd hard in my office :D

that is exactly how i feel![DOUBLEPOST=1406210318,1406210101][/DOUBLEPOST]btw, lmfao at that bathroom prank vid, ken. i lol'd hard in my office :D

Thanks lol, a lot of people like that series. Part 2 almost gone on world star hip hop... But unfortunately it wasn't too "fighty" to make it haha, maybe next time.

- Ken

Thanks lol, a lot of people like that series. Part 2 almost gone on world star hip hop... But unfortunately it wasn't too "fighty" to make it haha, maybe next time.

- Ken
well i subscribed, so look forward to part 3 (maybe that one can have fighting, so it can make it on world star ;))

@BookOfKen Thank you for your input. It is very helpful to get different opinion from people who have experience in it. I guess I forgot that most collaborations were to gain exposure. :)

well i subscribed, so look forward to part 3 (maybe that one can have fighting, so it can make it on world star ;))

Yeah maybe one day someone will beak into the stall and not hurt me too bad but worldstar material lol. Thanks for the support ;)

@BookOfKen Thank you for your input. It is very helpful to get different opinion from people who have experience in it. I guess I forgot that most collaborations were to gain exposure. :)

And no problem, yeah. Remember in the short run, money isn't really the issue, think about the long run and how subscribers and more viewers will help you out the best. Now if a video goes crazy viral like 5M+ in a couple of days, you should probably text the person you collaborated with, and maybe ask for a small portion if your so inclined haha.

Back