Help me with dog video ideas?

Tina Grace

Hi guys!
So my channel is about dogs... I want it to be an educational place where people can have their questions answered. I have a LOT of fun ideas but I wanted to know what a future viewer might be hoping to find when they browse my channel. I'm basically looking for perspectives from a casual or inexperienced dog owner's point of view (this includes people who don't own dogs!)

Any ideas?

• How to pick a good dog for your household
  • Your first few days owning a dog: What to have, what to expect, what pitfalls there may be
  • Basic dog training
  • "Wanna go outside?" Teaching house training
  • Fleas & ticks: How to avoid them, what to do if you get them

Hi guys!
So my channel is about dogs... I want it to be an educational place where people can have their questions answered. I have a LOT of fun ideas but I wanted to know what a future viewer might be hoping to find when they browse my channel. I'm basically looking for perspectives from a casual or inexperienced dog owner's point of view (this includes people who don't own dogs!)

Any ideas?
Basic command training would be a good start. Like sit, come, wait, etc.

Basic command training would be a good start. Like sit, come, wait, etc.
Thanks! I actually plan on doing this, but I need a better camera/tripod setup since right now I'm just using my phone. I should have a good camera by the end of the summer[DOUBLEPOST=1462721870,1462721834][/DOUBLEPOST]
  • How to pick a good dog for your household
  • Your first few days owning a dog: What to have, what to expect, what pitfalls there may be
  • Basic dog training
  • "Wanna go outside?" Teaching house training
  • Fleas & ticks: How to avoid them, what to do if you get them
These are great! Thank you!

As someone who is interested in getting a dog it would be nice to know:
  • How to dog-proof your house
  • Where are some fun places to take your dog
  • Warnings of things that are very dangerous for dog
And maybe as a trailer or parody video you could play on the "dogs that look like their owners." Would be a funny sketch :giggle:

Search for something that dog owners may search for on YouTube. What makes them worry the most about their pets? What are their problems? What content do they find compelling as dog owners? What kind of atmosphere (mood) should these videos be?

I guess you can answer these question yourself (as a dog owner) and understand what will be really exciting for them to watch. Like what niche is missing among dog videos on YouTube? Good luck:D

PS. Speaking about the most popular genres, my family likes these funny videos with animals the most, when they behave the funny way. I hate this kind of vidsxD

Last edited:
You can simply film your daily routine with your dog in a fun way and I think it will work.
For example I filmed me taking my dog to the grooming salon and filmed her funny scary reaction and after when she was happy cus she is nice and clean. Didn't upload it yet to show you because it needs more material to make a whole video.
You could actually present your dog and his character what he likes what he doesn't like, how to track dogs behavior and feelings - what are the signs they are giving us, etc.

You can simply film your daily routine with your dog in a fun way and I think it will work.
For example I filmed me taking my dog to the grooming salon and filmed her funny scary reaction and after when she was happy cus she is nice and clean. Didn't upload it yet to show you because it needs more material to make a whole video.
You could actually present your dog and his character what he likes what he doesn't like, how to track dogs behavior and feelings - what are the signs they are giving us, etc.
So far that is what my channel has been like! Just out little routines so subs can get to know us. I love making those videos!

hmmm I have a few.
How to teach your dog to sit/stay/come/roll over, that kind of thing
How to get rid of fleas
How to teach your dog to walk on a leash
How to teach your dog to not be aggressive towards (insert whatever here)
How to have your dog not hump everything (I just find this one funny)
try those out for size and see what ya think!

Back