help me I earn less than 0.4$ per 1000 views

Tut-tut! This could be derailing monetization threads with moral judgements!
now now mr Steele, i think we can both agree that a you tube channel created purely to make profit will always be a disappointment to its creator :p

200.gif

now now mr Steele, i think we can both agree that a you tube channel created purely to make profit will always be a disappointment to its creator :p

200.gif

That's what I said, however this was apparently an unfair judgement according to Crown... If you can't state your views peacefully on a forum, maybe there isn't a point in the forum even being here.

That's what I said, however this was apparently an unfair judgement according to Crown... If you can't state your views peacefully on a forum, maybe there isn't a point in the forum even being here.
The point of this forum is to help people when they have questions that need to be answered. Your first answer didn't really help the original poster, as he wasn't asking if it is right to do Youtube only for money. Please don't try and patronize the moderators here. It is a behaviour that will not be tolerated. Thanks :)

It is about the views :p

A click will cause the CPV to increase on that playback but all playbacks are monetized/ paid for anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1413401190,1413400837][/DOUBLEPOST]There's multiple things that can affect CPM on YouTube ;

• Viewership location
  • Demographics (ages 34+ don't pay as well)
  • Demographics (male pays lower than female)
  • Average Watch time
  • Short videos (videos under 1-2 minutes are unlikely to get high-paying trueview advertising, under 30 seconds and they won't show at all)
  • Devices (Mobile, Tablet, Console & TV is still far behind on the amount of playbacks/ impressions being bought)
quite a few more but they are the main ones :p
idk i made $0.49 per 200 views on average for my "kitten begs for food" video and it's sitting at 675 views. not that it's important but just pointing it out.

since when while answering other people question about monetization need to be consider whether they are doing for money or not, they post question, we answer if we know, thats it.

Oh really? you are not posting video for money? disable your monetization features then :)

I think it has to do with the kind of videos you upload. Videos in category of health will give you a good value or earning per click. That's what I read.

Back