Help Me Adjust My Volume Correctly

JohnnyFox

STAY SMOKEY PEOPLE!
I had 2 people already come to me. One IRL and one on twitter saying something about my audio. Now I know everyone is different but when it comes to editing videos (let's plays in particular) on the windows volume control how far up should the sound go up.

volumecontrol.png
<--------- This Thing.

How far should that dark line go up it? I know some people have laptops and some have built in speakers. I don't want to blow my audiences head off because I have RIPPING loud speakers that have to be adjusted ALOT for correct volume levels.

So whats the best volume to set it at?

I don't get what you're asking. You mean how loud should it be set so you have a proper idea what how loud your video actually will be to the viewer? Does your video editor not have a peak monitor? I always just watch the meter and get it as loud as it can go without peaking.

I don't get what you're asking. You mean how loud should it be set so you have a proper idea what how loud your video actually will be to the viewer? Does your video editor not have a peak monitor? I always just watch the meter and get it as loud as it can go without peaking.

I couldn't figure out the right terminology. Basically I got my levels set for the gameplay and commentary right. I want to know the total volume because i dont want the video to be too loud or two quiet when both are going at the same time. So the video you see how far should that audio line go up.

6..The magic number you're searching for is 6. When you edit your video, NO MATTER WHAT you hear. Go ahead and make sure that volume bar doesn't go past 6 when your are adjusting it. After that, you should be good.

Back