Help a noob with partnership and monetization?

Hawk777th

Hey guys. I started a Youtube channel about a niche subject in gaming a couple of years ago. Within a month I was partnered and started monetizing my videos most of which are still making money.

That being said I have started a new gaming channel fresh to cover a range of topics and hobbies that I have including gaming. This channel is not partnered yet as I just put up my first video last night.

I have read on and on about fair use with gaming content yes no maybe sideways etc. I am new to the idea of gaming networks and feel I am pretty competent with my new channel. I have a friend that makes gaming videos that is partnered with TGN himself but he has been of no use explaining why I should bother etc.

I fail to understand when I go to huge gaming sites like CGR and others and see ads on thier videos? Are they through a partner? How can they post all these gaming videos and never be gone after if gaming is such a no no for making money on.

I see alot of people read between the lines since I have never just shown game footage alone. My videos always have commentary cutaways to myself etc. So I have read some places that this is enough to get by?

I really would appreciate everyone's input on the matter. I am going to have alot of different things under my new channel gaming mixed with alot of other hobbies. If I was to join a partner can I use adsense for non gaming content?

I also focus on Retro Games aswell. With some new mixed in.

Thanks for any help!

Back