GUIDE TO MONETIZATION and partnership 1.0

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
This guide is about how to monetize. I was going to keep this guide strictly about monetization, but partnership almost goes hand in hand., and it was hard not to mention it.

First things firsts. I am in no way an expert on this subject, nor do I claim to be. I am creating this thread to help new YouTubers and hopefully answer some questions that most if not all Tubers have when they begin uploading videos. If you find that I have posted missleading or false information, please contact me or post in this thread and I will update the thread A.S.A.P.

If at any time you wish to contribute to this post, please do. If the information is viable, I will add it to this Post.

Now on to the guide!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First thing, If you plan on hopefully making money with your videos, and or even becoming a YouTube Partner, there are a few things you should keep in mind when starting your channel.

Qualifications
To become a YouTube Partner, you must meet these minimum requirements:
  • You create original videos suitable for online streaming.
  • You own or have express permission to use and monetize all audio and video content that you upload—no exceptions.
  • You regularly upload videos that are viewed by thousands of YouTube users, or you publish popular or commercially successful videos in other ways (such as DVDs sold online).
A question I've been asked a few times is:
" How do I become eligible for monetization of my videos"

Answer:
For most of us, Youtube will decide if you become eligible and they will message you when the time comes.

OR

I was also told that If you have a Google Adsense account already that you can link it to your YouTube account in order to monetize your videos. - unverified source

"I was simply looking at my videos in Video Manager one day when I noticed a Blue message from Youtube stating that I was now eligible to be able to monetize my videos. I followed the link, read it, created an Adsense account, linked it to my YouTube account and next thing I knew I had options to monetize my videos" - Th3StuffShow

How does Youtube decide if my channel can monetize it's videos?
I'm not sure, my guess they have software that picks for them based on stats.

TO BE CONTINUED (Tired, lost everything I wrote the first time and I'm a little discouraged. lol)

I had an old adsense account so I dont think that you have already got an account is valid (maybe I had had monatization before it was mainstream but never paid attention to it..) I think they watch your record alone to be honest. You can also get the ability to have uploads longer then the intitial what is is 15 minutes? (I forget the default length .. ) There are two ways I think one is to give a mobile phone number however again I was simply granted this long video upload time as a result of being an older account. You can get enabled for 20 gig uploads with no time limit. However with the new youtube and the fact they throttled down their upload speeds the last time I uploaded a 1 hour long hd video it took 2 days and I am on a very high bandwidth connection.

Oh man what a shame losing a post :( I have had that happen a few times and theyve been extremely long. Nice guide StuffShow, I believe that when you already have an Adsense account prior to your YouTube channel you still need to wait to monetise the videos and go through the email stuff although I think its slightly easier with already being Adsense approved.

Well i read somewhere that you need to link your adsense to your youtube account.. im research this.

I think you might need to authorise it for use on YT but I just cannot remember myself, it was that long ago now and it could have even changed

Well i read somewhere that you need to link your adsense to your youtube account.. im research this.

yes you do. I had to do that it was a royal pain in the butt it took me several tries hehe. You still need to be given permission by youtube to monitize I had an ollddd adsense account but they didnt just link it for me . One day I came by and I saw the message about "congratulations blah blah blah" and then I spent about 2 weeks linking it because it was all buggy .. and then I never used it seriously..

If you have a site that you can use the ads on then I suppose so but theyre going to want to see where the ads are going to be. Personally I wouldnt if you dont and just wait until you are invited.

I think its if enough people watch your videos that have been proven to click on or watch other peoples ads. I dont really know...

What if i create an Adsence account instead of waiting for youtube to send me a message?

Back