Going to monetize my next video. What next?

DBMC

Hey everybody. I'm in the process of finalizing my second video and I'm going to monetize it. What are the next steps I should follow after that to become a YouTube partner and what kinds of benefits can I expect from being one?

Thanks!

First I want to tell you this, I love your tribute video. Awesome. But if you are going to go forward with trying to make money you might want to partner one day and that video, along with it's views will go with because of the coldplay thing. Having said that after you monetize a video you will slowly start getting more feature, thumbnails, scheduled uploading, more time, live streaming, uploading your thumbnail while your video loads, being able to link to merchandise, being able to put little watermarks one or videos that link across all your videos that are interchangeable and a few other things I can't remember right now. But what you won't get is a banner. They don't currently offer banners to newer partners. You have to join a network for that.

Thanks for the compliment on the video and for the info. I appreciate it!

To clarify: my Sandy Hook Elementary Tribute will have to go if I monetize future videos and become a partner? I hope that's not the case because I really poured my heart, soul, and a heck of a lot of tears into making it. Wish I would've known about the 16:9 ratio before uploading it, but hey, not too bad for a newbie eh? :whistling2:

Thanks for the compliment on the video and for the info. I appreciate it!

To clarify: my Sandy Hook Elementary Tribute will have to go if I monetize future videos and become a partner? I hope that's not the case because I really poured my heart, soul, and a heck of a lot of tears into making it. Wish I would've known about the 16:9 ratio before uploading it, but hey, not too bad for a newbie eh? :whistling2:

That video sadly has to go. You don't have a license to use the song and I'm guessing that you probably don't for some of the pictures as well. Even if a network let it go, if you ever make it big on youtube, that video will become the biggest pain in the butt ever. The record label and anyone who owns the pics could come after you for compensation and claim that their music/pics were in part responsible for your start on youtube.

Back