Going to get serious with my channel thinking of rebranding.

YTX64

I've been flipping this in my head back and forth and cant seem to settle on a choice.

I started my channel in 2008 just to see how youtube worked and have uploaded miscellaneous videos on and off since. My stats are
64 subscribers • 78,314 views
Joined Mar 1, 2008

I plan on starting to post on a regular basis, but I'm not sure if I should rebrand the channel with a new name or start a new channel with a new name.

I have a wide taste in topics and I do understand it would be better to stick to a single topic, but I'm not sure if I can stick to a single topic.
I plan on mainly doing how to videos which would include repairing stuff and throwing in the odd food recipe.

Any advice / suggestions would be appreciated.

I think you should stick to your current channel name and just start uploading as much as you can, your channel will regrow itself. Rebranding and changing the name won't be cool (its my opinion) :)
Stick to the same topic :)

Talk about what interests you, it isn´t bad to talk about different kind of things.[DOUBLEPOST=1446043984,1446043888][/DOUBLEPOST]Talk about what interests you, it isn´t bad to talk about different kind of things.

I've also thought about doing it like this.

- Keep existing channel and post whatever I like.
- Make a new channel and only post specific topic

If you are going to start posting completely different content on your channel, than what your subscribers are used to, I would suggest a new channel. For example if you normally post videos on how to repair a motorcycle, or something like that (I don't know much about repairing, just trying to relate to what you said) but you normally post prank content (just made somthing up). You're channel will suffer. Take it from someone who had to deal with all of this and had to figure it out the hard way. The subscribers originally subscribed for that prank content so when you switch it up, there are the 2 or 3 people who are still interested but the other 200, don't care and stay subscribed but just sit there. That will hurt your channel than you may think. So if you are planning on changing what you want to upload, new channel. Now I might have also completely misread your original thread and maybe you just want to shift topics by small matters. Like changing from car repairs, to general repairs. I don't know, but I hope this helps :D

If you are going to start posting completely different content on your channel, than what your subscribers are used to, I would suggest a new channel. For example if you normally post videos on how to repair a motorcycle, or something like that (I don't know much about repairing, just trying to relate to what you said) but you normally post prank content (just made somthing up). You're channel will suffer. Take it from someone who had to deal with all of this and had to figure it out the hard way. The subscribers originally subscribed for that prank content so when you switch it up, there are the 2 or 3 people who are still interested but the other 200, don't care and stay subscribed but just sit there. That will hurt your channel than you may think. So if you are planning on changing what you want to upload, new channel. Now I might have also completely misread your original thread and maybe you just want to shift topics by small matters. Like changing from car repairs, to general repairs. I don't know, but I hope this helps :D

Great info :)

I've created a second channel and will be single focus of all the how to videos I want to make, on my existing channel I will post all the various stuff I want to share.

Create some kind of concept for your design. Like Thumbnails, banner and profile picture of course. So people recognize your channel :)

Back