Giveaways?

So are giveaways worth it? Do they actually help increase any views or subs? Should I really put money into my channel and if so, whats the best way to do them (random number etc)

You shouldn't be doing giveaways to gain subs even though we've all seen it work out that way. The days of doing a giveaway and receiving a large amount of subs are done plus once the prize is gone they wont watch your content. When you get an audience together and you want to do a giveaway you shouldn't be expecting anything in return, its a gift to your supporters and nothing more.

Giveaways are a short-term strategy. They have their use but not if you don't have a singular event or thing you need to promote or do. Like a song, a milestone, a new channel, etc.

Growth is not something to expect from them. Unless you do them every week for a long time, which you aren't because no one does.

Example: song promo. New song coming out, so you tell people to enter the giveaway, they need to leave the song an iTunes review. You pick from the reviews who wins. This makes the song more popular and you - in theory - sell more of the song (more people hear it, more people buy it). Sales + reviews = popular, so it may help the song temporarily.

what about tshirt giveaways?> if i made my own tshirts and gave them away along with a good prize or 2

From observation, giveaways works in increasing your subs but not your views. Maybe views in your giveaways video but not your other videos. I agree with most of the forum'er here; do giveaways when you reached 10K subs. :bounce:. For me to grow to that level will take like forever. :wacky2:. So no giveaways at the moment.

Back