Giveaway, I don't get it

Lemon5

Hey guys,

I have a question about giveaways on channels.

My situation: I recently hit a milestone in subscribers and specifically handmade a few things for a giveaway. For some dumb reason I announced that my next video was going to be a giveaway ....

Now I read up on youtube's giveaway rules (I honestly thought they were fine to do since every big you tuber I know hosts them) and I'm super confused by them. They seem to be pretty vague ... especially since the standard giveaway which is done by almost everyone (be a subscriber and tell me which item you'd like to win, give a creative response in the comments etc) seems to not be allowed.
Do you have any tips on how I can still give my prizes to a few of my subscribers? If I'm not even allowed to tell them to comment which item they would like to win... Also how am I supposed to check if they are 18 or over? Big youtubers work around it, saying: 18 or older OR permission by parent.

Any tips? maybe an alternative might be to do it on instagram ... and just do a thank you video and then say in the end "check out my instagram because I'm giving something away"? Would that be ok?

thanks!

Well you could say you have a giveaway going and get them to follower you on twitter and DM them through that, so you are announcing a giveaway, but not actually breaking the rules of youtube.

Giveaway's don't always have to consist of giving away hardware you could give away graphics.
Use twitter or something :p

Thank you you 2! :)
Giveaway's don't always have to consist of giving away hardware you could give away graphics.
Use twitter or something :p
I don't have twitter so I probably use instagram and create a hashtag for this. sucks for those who don't have insta :( I know it doesn't have to be hardware but I just started sewing pet beds for my own pets and had so much fun making these so why not give them to people for free whose pets might also like them :) It was a bit naive maybe to just think that, since so many people are doing it, it would be okay with the guidelines. I never had any problems with youtube & my channel so I try not to create any haha

Well you could say you have a giveaway going and get them to follower you on twitter and DM them through that, so you are announcing a giveaway, but not actually breaking the rules of youtube.
This right here is the loophole.. do that.. its perfect.. WOo HOo

Back