Getting off the ground...

James Lewis

YTtalk Mad
Does anybody have any advice on starting a youtube channel? I want to be able to gain subscribers, but the hardest part of starting a youtube channel is starting with nothing and trying to grow the subscribers list into something! How did you start to gain subscribers on your youtube channels?

I'm trying a new strategy of 1 day research, 1 day video editing/upload, 1/2 days promotion (my promotion days start tomorrow not sure if it will take one or two days to complete it).

I keep seeing time and time again people (especialy gaming channels) that just record random stuff that is not targeted or researched and then they just get on with the next video with no promotion.

Does anybody have any advice on starting a youtube channel? I want to be able to gain subscribers, but the hardest part of starting a youtube channel is starting with nothing and trying to grow the subscribers list into something! How did you start to gain subscribers on your youtube channels?
I've had a Youtube channel for about 7 years and I'm still under 500 subs... I'd have to say the only things that make people sub to my channel are my dog videos and my GoPro videos.... I do a bunch of random stuff so I don't ever expect to become "big", but it's no big deal to me. I enjoy making videos and having people watch them, but it's not my ultimate goal in life.

Facebook and Reddit are having a very nice impact as far as views for me, you should definitely try those.

Well I say at first focus on quality make sure videos look, and sound good, make sure the channel looks nice and professional and the thumbnails look good then focus on promoting. Tips for promoting Twitter has been a good place for me, I recommend trying to find your target audience and message them. As an example I'll use my youtube guide series, on twitter I looked for people who would enjoy my gameplay lets say it was a cod gameplay, then I narrowed that down to cod fans who had channels, then I narrowed it down again to cod fans who had channels with less than 100 subs. Low and behold many of them looked at the videos, left likes, and returned to watch them again and many became subscribers. Its all about finding a smaller audience inside a bigger one not trying to appeal to everyone but a small group.
Of course this worked for me you may have different results depending on what you do. Hope this helps somewhat

Back