Fundraising advice?

MoD1982

YTtalk Mad
[TL-DR - I'd like some ideas for encouraging people to donate to charity and a good cause.]

So the biggest series on my gaming channel - Euro Truck Simulator 2 - also doubles as a fundraiser. I'm driving a self-imposed challenge of 1 million miles in the same truck. About the same time as starting I decided it'd be nice to give something back to those who've helped me through my darkest hours - so taking inspiration from Kurtjmac's Farlands or Bust, I decided to dedicate my Million Mile Challenge to a charity drive, splitting the miles up into four even blocks of 250,000 miles.

The first block is for a UK charity called PAPYRUS. They help to try and prevent teen suicides and deal with the causes of that - namely depression, that being the specific angle I can relate to and am heavily behind. They also try to remove the stigma associated with discussing suicide(it does seem to be a taboo subject even in this day and age) and if I can help out there, I will.

Fundraising has been slow, but to be honest that's kinda expected considering the size of my channel(£35 to date). I've set a goal of £500 and to encourage people to donate I've said if we hit our goal then I'll shave my hair off on a livestream. And it's getting to a decent length now... to show this to people I plan on making a special video just to show off the current length of the hair and remind people why I'm doing charity work in the first place.

Is there anything else I can be doing? I'm aware that not everybody will want to donate to a charity dealing with such a specific cause, and that dealing in pounds sterling isn't always seen in a bright light(I've mentioned the JustGiving page accepts PayPal several times, which means it can accept dollars and euros too) but I'm drawing a blank. The money raised to date was all in one single event; a livestream where close friends and family chucked a fiver in here and there, and I also chipped in too. I hate it when people want you to donate your money but then don't put anything of their own in themselves. That livestream was nearly 2 months ago, it's not been a steady flow of donations hence creating this thread some kind soul out there will be able to advise me accordingly.

Sorry for the wall of text, looking forward to some constructive feedback and possible brainstorming :)[DOUBLEPOST=1368512373,1368486776][/DOUBLEPOST]Bump, nothing from the great YTT community? Not even a "sorry dude drawing a blank"?

Back