False Tagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plague Ephlik

Liking YTtalk
Do you guys false tag, or exaggerate tags to try and work the system? For example I was watching a video of someone I watch and they happened to do a video ''how to get big on youtube'' ( Or something along those lines ).
The video ofcourse had that humor tone but one of the ''tips'' suggested to pretty much put the names of all the big youtubers in your tags so that you actually show up on pages and related sections and such lol.

I found it funny because I had before thought of doing that to see if it would work but decided not to, even though I don't think its anywhere near as low as false and clickbait thumbnails and titles. But now that I bring that up what's your view on that also?

For me it pretty much has an opposite affect unless its done cleverly and not the obvious ''boobs'' or whatever but as far as these bigger youtubers go, I've already discovered by now the ones that literally rely on nothing but clickbait for everything lol. It pushes me away more than anything.

Its against the rules on youtube as far as i know but regardless its pretty scummy to try and latch onto someone elses fame by tagging their name so your content gets more views

Its against the rules on youtube as far as i know but regardless its pretty scummy to try and latch onto someone elses fame by tagging their name so your content gets more views
click bait thumbnails are apparently against the rules too but i guess youtube allows worse anyhow regardless

Definitely against the rules. I think general rule of thumb is if your tag doesn't directly relate to your video then don't tag it! This means you gotta learn the SEO and figure out how to optimize your tags, which is actually quite fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back