"Faceless" YouTubers

I personally have it in almost all my video's i don't see how it hurts! I got multiple precious clips with my webcam :D and i personally like to see the person i am watching

I'd like to imaging that as long as your personality shines through and interests people, a name is all people really need in order to have a connection or reference to you. At the same time, it is definitely true that some people are more likely to get a following for their looks.

It definitely allows those watching / listening to your videos to base their opinion on you more on the quality of the content than by looks. Sometimes that is a good thing, sometimes it's a bad thing.

I think faceless youtubers are well.... hmm I don't actually know. I seem to like it when they don't speak, I just want to watch the game.... Faceless or Faced, as long as the video is good, well no one would care

I was just wondering what everyone's opinion was on "faceless" YouTubers - people who have channels and commentate or do some kind of blog/vlog variation but do not show their faces. There are a few people I am aware of on YouTube that do this, due to privacy, anxiety, etc. and don't even show their faces on social media. It seems to drive some of their subscribers crazy with mystique and curiosity but I just wanted to ask - do you think this is a hindrance to channels?

As much as we would like to think that people subscribe to people for their content I feel that there are certain YouTubers who may gain a small proportion of subscribers by the way that they look (which is not to denigrate or downplay their channel or content), whereas those who don't reveal their faces may actually inadvertently and unknowingly build some kind of mystery around the way that they look. I know some of you probably think that this isn't very important and maybe it isn't, but I just wanted to know.

So, do you feel that not revealing your face makes people focus more on your actual video content? Or would it make it harder for people who are starting out?

I dont show my face simply because Im new to youtube and i dont have the equipment to do that. Someday maybe but on a retiree's income its a bit tough to buy too much outside of your daily needs.

Absolutely not. I used to not show my face. I decided to do a face reveal video because I wanted to do more in my content, and it was inevitable that my face was going to be shown in the reflection of a car whilst doing car shows.

I am still a big fan of bakerXderek, who does not show his face for privacy reasons. And I don't mind one bit, it's his content I am there for. If he ever shows his face I know that I won't care what he looks like, just as long as he continues making videos. People actually gave zero f*cks when I did my face reveal. I can't recall any loss of subscribers due to the way I look. If anything, I gained ~600 since the face reveal.

Back