Facebook thumbnails not generated

AmbossTV

I Love YTtalk
Sometimes (and annoyingly the last three times in a row) the thumbnails for my videos won't get generated when sharing them on Facebook. I get this very sad looking red face. Any ideas when this might happen? Can I even influence it when uploading the video or is it just bad luck?

My only advice is to give it a few seconds to popup before posting. If it doesn't just reload the page and try again, I know its frustrating.

I had this happen to me before when I changed the thumbnail after it was posted automatically on fb & twitter once the upload was ready.

I would advice to upload and select the thumbnail before the video upload is done. Details depend on wether you schedule your video releases or just make them public as soon as they go up.

Might give it a try. At the moment I upload directly from within FCPX but maybe I can already do some changes/adjustments while YouTube says "processing"

Input the URL to the facebook debugger:

That will tell you if an image is available. If it is, the process usually triggers a refresh and makes it available.
Yeah, this worked last time but not this time. So if it's a caching thing it means that maybe I just should not change the thumbnail just before posting it but maybe pick the right on in advance. I uploaded it yesterday night and finished descriptions and thumb around lunchtime today then posted it at 4pm. No image. Next time I'll try changing it earlier.Thx so far

Today I changed the thumbnail during the upload itself and it worked. Might try that in the in future, too. Thanks for all the tips so far.

Back