Embedding YouTube videos in a tweet?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Has something changed in how to do this?

Just to be clear, I'm talking about manually tweeting (ie from twitter itself - not from YT) a link to a YT video and I want it to be in an embedded player when you click on that "view media" link

I used to just copy-paste the YouTube URL and twitter took care of embedding it automatically, but I've just tried it and it's not working (When I click on "view media", it's just an empty space)

Also, when I look back at the last time I did it (about 3 weeks ago) that tweet no longer has a proper embedded player either?

I looked in twitter help, but can't find anything.

Help ?!

Has something changed in how to do this?

Just to be clear, I'm talking about manually tweeting (ie from twitter itself - not from YT) a link to a YT video and I want it to be in an embedded player when you click on that "view media" link

I used to just copy-paste the YouTube URL and twitter took care of embedding it automatically, but I've just tried it and it's not working (When I click on "view media", it's just an empty space)

Also, when I look back at the last time I did it (about 3 weeks ago) that tweet no longer has a proper embedded player either?

I looked in twitter help, but can't find anything.

Help ?!
Copying the URL should work. It's how I've always done it. Strange that it's not working for you, maybe just a glitch.

1z6fsio.png

Just tested with mine and works fine. have you tried a different browser?

No change here either. Still working. When I look at your Twitter feed a tweet from DEC 15 has an embedded video.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

It must be my browser then (Chrome) :unsure:

I rebooted and still not working for me. I'll do a bit of digging and see if I can get it working..

Back