Effectively utilising Social Media for promotion?

DewyOtter

Liking YTtalk
I've heard all around, and I'm sure many people have as well, that social media is a good way to promote your content and draw your audience together.

Now I've given social media a go, mainly Facebook, Twitter, other forums, etc. with some mixed results throughout the bunch.

But my question is: how does one effectively utilise big social media outlets such as Facebook and twitter to properly promote your stuff.

What I find confusing is how my content gets shared beyond the people that are already liked or followed on my pages. It goes without saying that getting your followers to actually share your stuff is definitely one way to spreading your work, but I'd feel sort of bad for pestering everyone to share everything I upload.

To any people who have effectively established promotion through social media; how do you do it?

I would recommend finding a guy on YouTube by the name Gary Vaynerchuk.

If you can get past his bombastic (and curse-filled) personality, he offers LOTS of value when it comes to social media.

I would recommend finding a guy on YouTube by the name Gary Vaynerchuk.

If you can get past his bombastic (and curse-filled) personality, he offers LOTS of value when it comes to social media.

Thanks champ, I was beginning to think this thread was doomed to fade amongst the crowd.

Back