DV or HD? Is HD better quality? Is DV on the way out?

Gary High-Fruit

I want to avoid any issues. My videos don't have much motion in them.
I'm trying to be a big success on Youtube in the short and long run.

DV (also called mini-DV) is a format for storing digital video. It was launched in 1995
There's DV-camcorders. Up until recently, it was considered a great-quality format for youtube.(better than the worst HD)

Last edited:
HD all the way, DV is basically on it's last legs. If your videos aren't in 720 or 1080 chances are people won't be watching them on Youtube.

DVI you mean or DV the old camera cables? I use a D-sub cable since it supports 4K formats and you don't have to dish out a butt ton of money for a 4K HDMI cable

What is even DV?
I thought it was SD and HD?

Not sure if you're kidding; maybe you're young? DV (also called mini-DV) is a format for storing digital video. It was launched in 1995
There's DV-camcorders. Up until recently, it was considered a great-quality format for youtube.(better than the worst HD)

Not sure if you're kidding; maybe you're young? DV (also called mini-DV) is a format for storing digital video. It was launched in 1995
You making us sound old haha, at least now we had HDD SD cards we can transfer into our computer.

Back