Don't know what to title this...

Pancake

Lonely Weirdo
This is pretty ugly. As almost all of you know, PewDiePie is no longer most subscribed. The Official YouTube channels are now the most subscribed. The channel "Music" currently has 85,000,000 subscribers. When someone signs up for YouTube, the YouTube channels are selected to subscribe to by default. Should this really count as being most subscribed? Because the channel has 0 uploads also. It just seems like they are not a real "creator", same with VEVO (Shoutout to 2010!) and companies (Swiffer, Ect.) who have no reason to be on YouTube in the first place. (Nobody is going to subscribe to see advertisements unless they're funny like KMart or cool like Vat19) This thread has been going everywhere (Sorry). I just think all of this is pretty stupid. (Before you say this thread/threads was/were already made, please remember that I sometimes leave for a couple months) Thoughts? (And sorry about all the ( )'s)

Attachments

• 172c512c80c499ccceffd7935f70065d.png
    172c512c80c499ccceffd7935f70065d.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 11
I don't think these are counted as actual channels :p

I never did anyhow and they arn't tracked on any stats sites.

I think if YouTube wishes to recognize the creators, they should count their own channels as most subscribed. I am fine with VEVO as it is not directly linked to YouTube, and produces some original content. Most YouTube channels are just highlighting other creators content.

Did PewDiePie just get beat by Youtube's channel thing? I heard he managed to beat YouTube a few times (hah, take that YouTube) but that shouldn't really even count as a channel. Looks like Google's just upset some random Swedish person managed to beat them.

Did PewDiePie just get beat by Youtube's channel thing? I heard he managed to beat YouTube a few times (hah, take that YouTube) but that shouldn't really even count as a channel. Looks like Google's just upset some random Swedish person managed to beat them.

They are so upset, they are creating millions of accounts to beat him. xD

Notice how those channels have zero views. This is because they are aggregation channels. Nobody is actually subscribed to them, they just collect the subscribers from the groups aggregated. Just another random pile of nonsense for the "bros" to get riled up over.

it is a Irrelevant. The overall number doesn't mean anything. people should be recognized for the category or vertical that they are in.

Back