Does Location Matter? in YouTube Channel

Abdulla Alishaq

I've Got It
Hi,

I am wondering does location really matter? Like I am from "Qatar" and they are Arabic Speakers, and my channel is targeting English speakers I put it on "US" Location. Let's say I change it to "Qatar" just in case my viewers/subscribers know where am I from. Does this really matter? Like will it effect my search rank or no? I put it on "US" since I live there now since I am studying for temporary time.

Thanks for reading.

your "location" is your way to the "recommended videos" tab on the youtube homepage. selecting a country such as "US" will result in your videos struggling to get to that tab more than if you selected "Qatar", but I imagine more people from US than Qatar watch Youtube. if you're talking in english on your channel, i would target the US, especially if you're currently in the US - but really, it's a tiny factor until you reach several hundred thousand subscribers.

Jumping to multiple locations is how PewdePie made it to the big leagues.

As far as your scenario , I would suggest you put where you live. Not sure how narrow the scope of English version in Quatar is but it may garner you a niche.

Back