Does anyone know what activisions video policy is?

Pyregamingyt

I've Got It
Im getting read for Call of Duty AW so i just wanted to know what Activisions policy on youtube/video is? Am i allowed to monetize? Am i allowed to upload early?

It's diffidently a grey area. I wasn't able to find anything on it. They are not like minecraft that freely allow anyone to use their contents. So I guess it depends on what kind of project you are making.

They are one of those risky companies to work with. Even their terms and conditions are slightly ambiguous to me: http://www.activision.com/legal/terms-of-use my interpretation is that you can upload videos as it falls under UGC (User Generated Content) but can't monetise. But that's just my interpretation. You'd be much safer requesting permission from them. The thing is, I still don't know whether some publishers define YouTube's partnership as commercial use or not.

There's also this part:
"You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this license and any other applicable terms, conditions, or usage rules), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Product, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the licensed application)."

I want to do let's plays of CoD games at somepoint someday but at this stage Activision just don't seem let's play friendly in my eyes.

I think it should be fine, given all the Call of Duty channels out there that live strive from it. I never heard of a case of a Call of Duty video being pulled down due to a claim of copyright. Correct me if you have.

Back