Does anybody Cover songs on Youtube with a License?

Ehzool

Liking YTtalk
Does anybody use a music covering license of some sort (or buy the rights to a song) to cover songs on Youtube?
OR does anybody use a license of some sort to sell their cover songs on iTunes

I would really love to know how this works and could really use somebody's help. I would like to get paid for my Youtube Covers. I looked on the HarryFox website and it seems simple enough but it would be cool to talk to somebody who knows or has done exactly this. I would even pay to have a little help with this :p

Last edited:
I know on youtube some partner companies have the rights to cover you to cover songs, I am not 110% sure about this but im quite certain its true.

Yeah, I'm partnered with Fullscreen but they take a huge portion of your money for themselves (Without saying so in the contract) so I'm looking for another way. Also only some songs are eligible

Yeah, I'm partnered with Fullscreen but they take a huge portion of your money for themselves (Without saying so in the contract) so I'm looking for another way. Also only some songs are eligible

I guess I should be glad they rejected me. So many people complaining about them now.

First off, "Selling" a cover of a song is douchebaggy, just letting ya know, its literally taking money from the original creator, second, why not just make original songs?, Third, putting a song on itunes cost a bit of money if your doing it solo, would be more effective to put an entire album.

First off, "Selling" a cover of a song is douchebaggy, just letting ya know, its literally taking money from the original creator, second, why not just make original songs?, Third, putting a song on itunes cost a bit of money if your doing it solo, would be more effective to put an entire album.

Uh... no it's not douchebaggy. Musicians have been making covers and selling them for years and nobody has ever had a problem. Every big musician YouTuber covers songs and sells them on iTunes and people can't wait to buy them because the fans love how the musician made it sound different. You're not taking money away from the original creator at all. I'm pretty sure you're giving money to the creators by buying a license for the song (I think, that's my original question that still does not have an answer)

Uh... no it's not douchebaggy. Musicians have been making covers and selling them for years and nobody has ever had a problem. Every big musician YouTuber covers songs and sells them on iTunes and people can't wait to buy them because the fans love how the musician made it sound different. You're not taking money away from the original creator at all. I'm pretty sure you're giving money to the creators by buying a license for the song (I think, that's my original question that still does not have an answer)
chester see and the rest dont buy any liscense from anyone, they do piano covers and dont give one damn.

I would love to cover songs and I don't have to make money out of it. I jusy love singing.I don't have money to pay for licences

Back