Does a partnership really help?

I'm personally afraid of partnerships. Also, if I were you, I wouldn't do it; your channel is growing quite rapidly and I wouldn't really want to credit anyone else with that when you're making such good, progressive content on your own.

Of course... YOU know what's best for your channel and I know you'll make the best decision, even if it goes against what I just said. I'll support whichever choice you make! Let me know how you like them if you decide to go with them, though.

I'm personally afraid of partnerships. Also, if I were you, I wouldn't do it; your channel is growing quite rapidly and I wouldn't really want to credit anyone else with that when you're making such good, progressive content on your own.

Of course... YOU know what's best for your channel and I know you'll make the best decision, even if it goes against what I just said. I'll support whichever choice you make! Let me know how you like them if you decide to go with them, though.
I appreciate those kind words, thank you. :) I'm gonna wait for a while, maybe I'll do it in the future but not right now.

I appreciate those kind words, thank you. :) I'm gonna wait for a while, maybe I'll do it in the future but not right now.
Just weigh the benefits. My big thing is that FS's music library is huge and better than most royalty free music sites. I use music in almost every slow motion or time lapse video as well as biking videos. So I actually make good use out of their library, without the music my videos would not be as good.

Networks are in place to make money. They do this mainly by getting sponsored videos for youtubers with brands that fit the content. BUT, you have to have a large enough audience for the network to make it worth their while to pitch your channel to a brand. So they won't really do much for you.

If you're a smaller channel and are not making that much money, and you want some of the tools that networks offer, it could be worth your while because it'll be cheaper to be with the network than to pay for all of the tools that you would want.

Once you get to a certain threshold, you would probably want to drop the network because you can pay for these tools yourself. In my 6+ years of being on YouTube, I've never been with a network, and I've talked to some major people about if they would join a network if they were in my shoes, and most of them said "no".

Hope this helps! Feel free to leave questions for me below if you have any.

a lot of good comments here. i've at a minor level wondered about these partnership things, but more just from a curiosity standpoint. & OP is the first time I've actually saw her on youtube before I saw her on the boards. That's kinda good. She has a really funny Grace Hedburn parody.

Everyone always says networks give you access to royalty-free audio library. What do you need a network for that? Youtube has great royalty-free music for free and adds new stuff regularly too. Networks will also take a cut of your adsense earnings so if you are making $100/month they take 20-30% of that. So that service of audio library isn't really free after all.

I'm Partnered with Fullscreen, they have groups where you can promote each other's videos in an automatic playlist on your channel and they promote channels in their Newsletter.
There are probably more ways to promote your channel via Fullscreen but I don't know about them.

But Fullscreen does have tools that you can use to improve your videos; Music, sound effects, stock footage etc
At first I also thought that Fullscreen would make my channel popular but I'll still part of them because I like the Network and they have plenty of tools that help me improve my videos and I just make videos for fun now, not for popularity :U

Back