Do white backgrounds for thumbnails look better?

Are you more likely to subscribe or attracted to a profile with all white thumbnail backgrounds (gives the profile I feel a cleaner look) or do you think it matters? Maybe I'm over thinking it. I see a lot of girls take their thumbnail picture in front of a white background. Please give an honest opinion

Examples: I attached 3 files the first two are other subscribers profiles and the last profile is mine.

Attachments

• clip 1.JPG
    clip 1.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 24
  • clip 2.JPG
    clip 2.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 21
  • clip 3.JPG
    clip 3.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 21
I think it looks natural when a person is in frame but I always thought red attracted the eyes fastest of any color.

While I do think having a white background on thumbnails can look "clean", I don't necessarily see a problem with having a screenshot from a video or a custom-made thumbnail with another color as the background.

Depending on what the video is about, it may be better to bring some attention to a specific aspect of it, whether it be a screenshot, some text on a darker colored background, etc.

The screenshots are small so it's hard to tell, but from looking at the actual thumbnails on your channel, those would more likely get me to watch them. No thumbnail would influence how likely I would be to subscribe or not. With your thumbnails, I can get some idea of what I can expect from the video. With the white background ones, almost all the information I get is what the owner is trying to get me to think and a lot less of it is about what the video will actually be like, so I'd be less likely to click on it.

Yours are like a shop with the items for sale on the table. Most of the exciting, highly-modified thumbnails (and the white background ones aren't as bad, but are closer to this) are like a glowing neon sign saying they sell all the best stuff you've ever seen. One shows evidence, the other is just a claim.

I think the white background actually does make a difference in the thumbnails. For me, the white backgrounds forces me to focus my attention on the framed subject and that somehow makes me more intrigued. I don't know, could just be me.

If you use Photoshop putting Overlays on your stroke or border makes the thumbnail pop down below is just an example
Arrow.jpg

Back