Copyright Strike v. Copyright Claim

Harpuia

That "creepy" guy that makes Youtube videos.
So I'm trying to figure out what exactly is the difference between these two.

I currently have had 3 claims but 0 copyright strikes. I'm unsure as to what would qualify in order for them to say they will put a copyright strike on you. I'd like to try to avoid that if possible.

So I'm trying to figure out what exactly is the difference between these two.

I currently have had 3 claims but 0 copyright strikes. I'm unsure as to what would qualify in order for them to say they will put a copyright strike on you. I'd like to try to avoid that if possible.
A copyright claim is not bad for your channel, its just Youtube's way of saying "Hey, we found copyrighted material in your video." The own how ever, can do nothing, block the video, mute the video, or block on certain platforms.

A copyright strike in bad news for you, it means Youtube removed your video because the owner sent legal request to remove that video. This is because you didn't get permission to use the material. If you do get a strike you will lose certain Youtube features. If the video was mistakenly remove you can dispute the strike. You can ask the person/company that removed the video retract the claim or you can wait for the strike to expire in six month as long as you have not received another stike in the six month span and you must complete Copyright School.

I hope this helps.:D

A copyright claim is not bad for your channel, its just Youtube's way of saying "Hey, we found copyrighted material in your video." The own how ever, can do nothing, block the video, mute the video, or block on certain platforms.

A copyright strike in bad news for you, it means Youtube removed your video because the owner sent legal request to remove that video. This is because you didn't get permission to use the material. If you do get a strike you will lose certain Youtube features. If the video was mistakenly remove you can dispute the strike. You can ask the person/company that removed the video retract the claim or you can wait for the strike to expire in six month as long as you have not received another stike in the six month span and you must complete Copyright School.

I hope this helps.:D

Pretty much it, also important to note you have to acknowledge a claim, but sometimes a strike can happen without warning. Best way to avoid both is to make sure 100% you own the rights to what you are doing :)!

Pretty much it, also important to note you have to acknowledge a claim, but sometimes a strike can happen without warning. Best way to avoid both is to make sure 100% you own the rights to what you are doing :)!
You certainly do not have to acknowledge a claim if it is erroneous. You should dispute all claims made erroneously at first opportunity!

You certainly do not have to acknowledge a claim if it is erroneous. You should dispute all claims made erroneously at first opportunity!

Unless they have changed the system, only way I was able to fight my claim was to acknowledge it first. If they have please let me know!

Unless they have changed the system, only way I was able to fight my claim was to acknowledge it first. If they have please let me know!
Then they have changed the system; if you acknowledge the claim, you bascially are saying "yes I know I have violated this copyright" and then you lose the right to fight it at all. All monies are diverted to the claimant at that point.

I have never acknowledged a third party claim, only disputed it.

Then they have changed the system; if you acknowledge the claim, you bascially are saying "yes I know I have violated this copyright" and then you lose the right to fight it at all. All monies are diverted to the claimant at that point.

I have never acknowledged a third party claim, only disputed it.

Good to know! Thank you for the information! That makes much more sense! Because when I disputed it I was wondering why I have to acknowledge it. Made me feel I was guilty and couldn't even fight for myself, and the claim was false so I am happy they changed it!

Good to know! Thank you for the information! That makes much more sense! Because when I disputed it I was wondering why I have to acknowledge it. Made me feel I was guilty and couldn't even fight for myself, and the claim was false so I am happy they changed it!

No worries; wish you many many views and subscriptions!

Back