Copyright Claim for what?

bianca j

Hi everyone. I got a copyright claim (manually) from Believe Music but it doesn't say for which song from the video or the time frame. I would like to remove it but have no idea which one is affected by it. I wrote them an email but no answer. All it says is:
Believe Music
[Merlin] PIAS
UMG
INgrooves
On behalf of: Future Classic

I can't add a link here but it's my Lisbon Travel Vlog | 7 Days in Lisbon Portugal . Channel name: Owlipop

Can you please help me figure out which song it is?
Thanks

Go to your YouTube dashboard and then see which videos are monetized and which aren't. The one that isn't monetized will be the video that got copyrighted.

I know which video got the copyright strike. I can't tell which song got the strike because I've used 4-5 songs in that video.

A possible option to try:

There should be an option to let Google remove the song and replace it with one of the stock songs in the YouTube library. If you explore that option, it won't say what the song it is removing is, but it should give you a time index range which should then enable you to deduct which song is the alleged offender.

Sorry this has happened to you Biancaj, I know it must be frustrating.

One option is to delete the video and re-edit a new video, replacing the offending song. You then re-upload. I can imagine that could be unsatisfying as your video will lose all of its progress. On the plus side, it gives you minute control over the new finished product.

Another option is to use YouTube's audio editor. I found this:

How do I change the music on my YouTube video?
Adding audio tracks to your video
  1. Go to your Video Manager page, and click the arrow next to Edit on the video you'd like to edit.
  2. In the drop-down menu, click the Audio button.
  3. Select a track by clicking on it and preview your video with the music track added.
My understanding is this is a bit clumsy as the new track is unlikely to be exactly the right length either leaving a small hole of no sound (if the new track is too small) or overwriting part of another existing song you wish to keep (if the new track is too long). But you might get lucky or conclude it's close enough for what you need.

All the best in finding a solution!

Back