Content Id match on none monetised video

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
So I am starting a modded Fallout 3 let's play later tonight so have the video scheduled in. Annoyingly, this has has been content id matched due to the music that plays in the game. This has now forced monetisation on to the video so they can make money off a video that I had no plans to make money with. Is this correct? It is quite annoying too as I have told my subs that I no longer monetise then 2 days later it gets forced on me. Should I dispute this or just take it?

So I am starting a modded Fallout 3 let's play later tonight so have the video scheduled in. Annoyingly, this has has been content id matched due to the music that plays in the game. This has now forced monetisation on to the video so they can make money off a video that I had no plans to make money with. Is this correct? It is quite annoying too as I have told my subs that I no longer monetise then 2 days later it gets forced on me. Should I dispute this or just take it?

It sounds like the match is probably legit and you'd have a tough time fighting it. In such cases, the rights holder can indeed monetize the video for themselves. I guess it's something to watch out for in the future. Perhaps mute in game music and use something else as the backing track.

When your video catches any content ID match, the company will definitely monetize that video to earn money, this is how the YOUTUBE policy is. I would say to leave the video like that, you should move on and work on new videos.
If you want to avoid catching copyright, you can mute the game and mix the royalty free music to stay safe.

I am not playing Fallout without the backing music, it is half the game. I'm not bothered at all other than the fact they monetised my video. It will not make any money. I just feel sorry for my 2 subs in Germany who are loyal and won't be able to watch because of this, for some reason the song is banned in Germany. It's a love song...[DOUBLEPOST=1455055100,1455054863][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1455055203][/DOUBLEPOST]
When your video catches any content ID match, the company will definitely monetize that video to earn money, this is how the YOUTUBE policy is. I would say to leave the video like that, you should move on and work on new videos.
If you want to avoid catching copyright, you can mute the game and mix the royalty free music to stay safe.
Wow you're patronising. It is actually against official copyright laws in this country and is being battled out in court as the music should legally be seen as fair usage. In future don't be so condescending as in LA law this is illegal and wrong. YOUTUBE follows LA laws.

He is not being patronizing at all. How is your video Fair Use? Does it lend transformative creativity to the game itself? Are you doing a review, or is this another Let's Play? This is not LA Law; it is US Federal Law, which every state of the Union must follow!

He is not being patronizing at all. How is your video Fair Use? Does it lend transformative creativity to the game itself? Are you doing a review, or is this another Let's Play? This is not LA Law; it is US Federal Law, which every state of the Union must follow!
I saw it as extremly patronising. As is yours now. Yes it does to the first question. It is the first song and theme song in the game which has been cleared to be played as a let's play on Youtube by Bethesda. I am using it's property in a way they encourage and support, they must have purchased the license and therefore any decision they make must either be illegal or correct.

Again this is also going through the courts at the moment, backed by Youtube itself as it goes against the laws you are stating. Am I using their property in which to make a profit? No. Am I using their property in a way in which it is detremental to their property? No. Am I if anything gaining advertising for their company and therefore being a bonus to their company and not being detremental in any way? I'm not being detremental, but I am not exactly massive.

Please show me the law that states I am not allowed to use a song that is integral to the media in which I am allowed to provide. If you can not, stop being patronising.
Also a let's play could and probably should be interpreted these days as a complete in depth review. There is no difference between them except the amount of content. Should I just put I rate this 10/10 to make it so at the end of the video? I don't know, I'm confused now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back