confusion about CPM

Andy b

I've Got It
Hi all.

I'm just trying to clear a few things up before I decide on a network to join.

I have read a lot of threads on here with people saying they are on let's say $3 CPM. Now I'm a bit confused are these people saying that they actually receive $3 per 1k views? As far as I knew CPM is what advertisers pay Google per 1000 monetised playbacks.

So in reality when someone says they receive a CPM of $3, do they actually mean Google/YouTube get $3 which they give 55% of to the MCN who in turn take roughly 30%, leaving you with 70% of the 55%. If this is the case people are actually only getting about $1.15 per 1000 monetised views which will be far less for the actual amount of views as not all views are monetised?

Or are people on here confusing CPM and rpm? And they are actually receiving $3 for every 1k views that they get ?[DOUBLEPOST=1453395111,1453375812][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone ?

Yes. If I was talking about $ per 1000, I'd be talking about RPM which is the bottom line IMO. The other stats are irrelevant. I don't care what advertisers pay google etc. I just wanna know how many dollars I'm getting in my account for every 1000 views (which include monetized and non monetized combined)

As for your channel. Not sure why you're considering joining a network. All you'll be doing is handing over a percentage of your earnings to them every month for no return.

Back