Computer Requirements To Livestream on Twitch.TV

ConnersCraft

I Make Video Games... :)
I have had a lot of my subs ask me to livestream Minecraft on Twitch.TV. What would I need as far as computer ram, processors, etc to livestream and play Minecraft on the same computer in HD? Also, what is required as far as upload speed for this? I have both a PC and a Mac if that matters for anything. The PC has 6 or 8 GB of ram (I would have to look lol). The mac only has about 4 (I mostly just use it for school). Would 6GB of ram and a slightly above average graphics card + i7 processor be able to livestream succesfully in full HD while playing Minecraft (and other games in the future)? Thanks, and sorry for rambling...

You are primarily limited by your bandwidth. What is your upload speed?

Something along the lines of this:
480p - 1.5M upload
720p - 3M
1080p - 6M

M
You are primarily limited by your bandwidth. What is your upload speed?

Something along the lines of this:
480p - 1.5M upload
720p - 3M
1080p - 6M
my internet can handle just about anything lol. I am just worried about all the programs having to be open at once and if I will start dropping frames a ton.

You should be consider to upgrade to 8 GB Ram. I believe i7 is enough for streaming though. What's your GPU?

Should be fine, I can stream with (mostly) no problems using 2-3 mpbs upload, i5, 8GB RAM. Make sure to close programs you don't need currently if you encounter problems :)

U really need at least 8GB of RAM and a internet that will cope the stream . A bad internet means a bad live stream . Try to test live stream for a while and see if your computer can cope , if cannot , then upgrade your computer or dont do live stream ( Warning , Bad Live Stream may cause haters to come to your channel )

U really need at least 8GB of RAM and a internet that will cope the stream . A bad internet means a bad live stream . Try to test live stream for a while and see if your computer can cope , if cannot , then upgrade your computer or dont do live stream ( Warning , Bad Live Stream may cause haters to come to your channel )

One of the reasons why I don't do livestream. .50mbps upload speed. -.-

For live streaming every bit of the computer is important but the processor is the most important. Having an i7 already solves most of your problems. I'm pretty sure you can get away with 6GB of RAM but it'd be nice to have 8 anyway.

As far as internet goes, don't stream without an ethernet cable. Make sure you have that. I stream with a 2.8 upload 720p console and PC (sometimes 1080+ on PC) and everything is fine and smooth. I did this with an i5 laptop also, though upgrading to an i7 made a huge difference.

GPU doesn't matter as much but I've seen problems where games will slow down once you start streaming. But if you're already playing games on your PC, then you should be okay as far as GPU is concerned.

Back