Commentating - Fast or Slow?

ShanSR

YTtalk Mad
Hey guys! I'm doing gaming videos here. I have watched some other gamers on Youtube. Someone commentates with a slow speed, someone does with a fast speed - so fast that I can hardly hear what is he talking about xD. And the problem is I'm commentating quite slowly now, should I speed up? Hope you guys will share your idea :D

Exactly, just do it how you feel reflects your personality! I tend to talk pretty damn quickly but that's just how my thoughts always go, so that's just me, it suits me :)

Hey guys! I'm doing gaming videos here. I have watched some other gamers on Youtube. Someone commentates with a slow speed, someone does with a fast speed - so fast that I can hardly hear what is he talking about xD. And the problem is I'm commentating quite slowly now, should I speed up? Hope you guys will share your idea :D
if you cannot speak 4500 words in a minute then its not worth anything

joking go with the speeed that suits you

I watched a few bits on your vids and you should really aim to speed it up. It gets boring quite fast if you talk slow. The attention span of a person watching a youtube video for the first time is like 4-5 seconds and you won't engage them by talking slow.

If you talk slow in general you need to train your voice in talking fast and it's like anything else. It takes time to master but after that it's a habit.

just speak the waybyu speak in real life with ;D I do that and it works just fine ;D But dont do fast commentating bcoz then yu will have high risk of driving viewers and even your audience away bcoz they cant understand anything yu say XD

I watched a few bits on your vids and you should really aim to speed it up. It gets boring quite fast if you talk slow. The attention span of a person watching a youtube video for the first time is like 4-5 seconds and you won't engage them by talking slow.

If you talk slow in general you need to train your voice in talking fast and it's like anything else. It takes time to master but after that it's a habit.

You have the point, I will speed up, but will keep it to the "comfortable level" of myself, so that I'm not pushing myself too much in talking fast :D
Also thanks for your ideas, guys :D[DOUBLEPOST=1372289484,1372289359][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and my latest video, I think it's very slow, very very slow I mean, but the previous videos is better, guess I was sleepy at the time I was recording that xD

Back