Coming up with quality video ideas

Josh Henry

Liking YTtalk
If your a new guy on youtube, like me. You'll have almost definitely run into the trouble of, "What can I make, thats good quality, and entertaining to everyone?"

Well I've setup a Venn Diagram showing the way I do it. By no means do I think this is the recipe for success. I mean I only have about 32 subscribers. I have just found this the easiest ways to find good videos ideas me and other people seem to enjoy.

35mljrk.jpg

The best way I have found to get good video ideas, is to just brainstorm on anything fun I've been playing or doing recently, or anything I found entertaining recently. Just brainstorm on a blank piece of paper, or a whiteboard, or a blank photoshop document and a tablet(This is how I do it, for easy saving and coming back to it).

Once you have got some actual video ideas, categorize them by the three categories in the picture. Start with stuff your good at, then think about what you would enjoy to make, then think about what you actually have the tools to produce.

Whatever fits under all three categories is going to be your best content.

Thanks for reading, hope this helps at least somebody!

hmmm i usually think to my self what have i been putting off that i should do and usually along the way of fixing or doing something i get a idea. Or the best place in the world when im on my cellphone taking a crap sometimes the best idea's are brewed on the toilet. Its like dr who's tartris takes me to places in my brain no one else can

This is very interesting! I think it's good to simplify things sometimes like this. These are definitely some of the most important parts to video making.

good theory man, I find its also about keeping something to write down your ideas around you at all times and write it down when you need to!

Back