Collaborating your way to ALL the subscribers

I already watched a couple of your videos and I love them. You deserve all of your subs :)

And thanks for the tips! I am definetly trying to collaborate with people.

So you're saying doing lots if collabs :p I'll remember that one :p I remember when I first saw one of your videos and it was the InTheLittleWood drawing :) You gained 71k Subs in 6 months xD I've gained 109 in a year xD Hmm, I think I would prefer yours :p Would likes/Subscribes from bigger tubers help? ;)

Subscribes from bigger youtubers don't really make a difference - likes would help if they have it set up in their account to post it out,

I have mine set up so that if I comment on a video it puts it in to my feed, so I space it out that I only comment on my the days I don't upload to knock them back up my feed, haha you have to be careful not to post too much stuff to your subscribers and make it count lol

Also when I comment on a video it posts it on my facebook and twitter haha. - it's a good way to get two chances to hit your subs, you never get as many views on a new video as you have subs, only a small percentage. I get about 10k-25k views from a new video (first week of upload) out of those 71k

You're doing gaming videos so I'd aim to collab with gamers that have, I'd say shooting for twice as many subs. - Try to make it as easy as possible for the collab to actually happen - pitch an idea for a video and how it would work, I think just reaching out and asking 'do you want to collab?' will be quite vague and mean that they have to imagine how it would happen when they're answering that question... so if you can come up with a concept and explain that when you ask, you're helping them envision how it would work

Subscribes from bigger youtubers don't really make a difference - likes would help if they have it set up in their account to post it out,

I have mine set up so that if I comment on a video it puts it in to my feed, so I space it out that I only comment on my the days I don't upload to knock them back up my feed, haha you have to be careful not to post too much stuff to your subscribers and make it count lol

Also when I comment on a video it posts it on my facebook and twitter haha. - it's a good way to get two chances to hit your subs, you never get as many views on a new video as you have subs, only a small percentage. I get about 10k-25k views from a new video (first week of upload) out of those 71k

You're doing gaming videos so I'd aim to collab with gamers that have, I'd say shooting for twice as many subs. - Try to make it as easy as possible for the collab to actually happen - pitch an idea for a video and how it would work, I think just reaching out and asking 'do you want to collab?' will be quite vague and mean that they have to imagine how it would happen when they're answering that question... so if you can come up with a concept and explain that when you ask, you're helping them envision how it would work

Some good points there :) I have an idea :p HowToGameReallyGood - I would watch

Some good points there :) I have an idea :p HowToGameReallyGood - I would watch

Thank you! It's been mentioned a few times and I keep toying with the idea... I just worry about excluding the subscribers that aren't in to video games... also I don't really know if I'd necessarily be bringing anything new to gaming videos, so still playing with the idea aha

I find your success inspiring. Tell me, how does one become a guest artist on your channel? My brother does the art for our channel Nevercake, and you can see his work all over our channel and especially on the time-lapse video. We would love to have our channel featured on one of your tutorial videos (which are hilarious, might I add). Of course, we would be open to other forms of collaboration as well. If you happen to be interested, we mostly do art, music, animation, and gaming related videos. I'd offer a more specific idea, but I'm new to this.

I'm certainly going to be putting more effort (that is to say, any) into collaboration from now on. Thanks for the motivation!

Wow, that's awesome? Oliver, you've really get it figured out! How much of this did self-promotion and marketing did you learn through trial and error, how much of it did you learn through research?

Your brothers artwork is great, yes I think a collab would work great to feature him in a video as a previous artist!

Can you send me your email address? Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1375919662,1375919545][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow, that's awesome? Oliver, you've really get it figured out! How much of this did self-promotion and marketing did you learn through trial and error, how much of it did you learn through research?
Thank you! Most is from living it over and over, this is maybe my tenth channel? Lol

I do lots of reseach and try to stay on top of everything though!

Your brothers artwork is great, yes I think a collab would work great to feature him in a video as a previous artist!

Can you send me your email address? Thanks!

I'm glad you like it! I started a private conversation. Check your inbox. Thanks!

Back