Collab Channels?

Personally I think collab channels were great at first, until collab like O2L and the Seven Girls version came along I which that was when everybody wanted to strive to be them. But that's pretty much YouTube. I hAve been in a collab and it is very fun until differences causes the entire group to part ways. I live collabs, don't get me wrong, but it is hard to find ones that are willing to stick together when one thing goes wrong.

Never tried one, getting along with a group of people I've never met seems difficult in itself :') Besides everyone seems to disband anyway, even O2L is slowly going that way

The YTtalk channel was a collaboration channel where we would upload videos made by members of the YTtalk community who wanted to help others but I found it creates a very inconsistent experience for the viewer especially how getting regular content is very hard so a schedule is hard to stick to. The best collab channels are collab channels that have a lot of financial backing where theyre able to pay people to make the videos at least thats IMO. Nothing drives people more than money and theres little incentive to make regular videos every few days for a channel which isnt your own.

I wouldnt bother personally and would find spending time on my own videos more valuable. You could choose to collaborate every now and then with the collab channel, that could work better if theyre up for that.

From reading, I have mostly heard horror stories about them. :p
I wouldn't want to be in one myself.

We are two people running this channel, but we aren't collabing. We are the channel.
We do all the recordings together, while I take care of graphics, editing, uploading and promoting. (Which is what I like to do. I like to keep myself busy, and I could spend hours upon hours editing because I find it so fun! (Both video and thumbnail/banner editing. (banner editing is the most fun(this was a lot of clams in one sentence))))

It depends what sort of videos you get out, also only if you can really get along with the people your collaborating with because like someone said earlier, most of these channels end up going their separate ways. Sort of like bands .... *Cough* Take That

I kinda wish there was a long running collab channel that would keep going no matter what. Like even if some leave other take their place. The people that started in January wouldn't be the same ones I'm December of that year minus that one guy that's always there. You get new faces and the occasional return of old faces, etc. It would be an awesome way to build kind of a history of said channel. That would be frickin awesome.

My channel is a collab channel of sorts, and it works for me! It's nice to have another person to keep you accountable for making and uploading videos, and also to bounce ideas off of.

i'm on a collaborative channel, but i'm friends with the guy in RL so we can meetup regularly and plan stuff. collab channels just based via the internet? i dunno.

Back