Channel Trailer - worth the effort?

EBF

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty happy so far with how my channel looks, but haven't gone for a channel trailer yet.

I don't really know if it's worthwhile, but am happy to do it if others find it really helps.

Can I get your comments on it?

it mostly depends on what kind of trailer you are trying to make, there is
1: where you tell your audience what the channel is about
2: you take small clips from your video and put them together.

if you are going for 2 then think about "do you have enough videos?"
if you are going for 1 then you can just make a video anytime telling people what your channel is about and about yourself.

if you don't want a channel trailer then you don't have to have one, just put your latest video in your channel trailer.

If you can't define your own channel then it's going to be hard for other people to describe it to others. You want to form a brand and a channel trailer helps set your channel apart and makes a statement.

If you can't define your own channel then it's going to be hard for other people to describe it to others. You want to form a brand and a channel trailer helps set your channel apart and makes a statement.

Thanks guys, that makes sense. I think I'll need to put my thinking cap on designing it.

Have you got any suggestions on channels with good trailers? So I can get some inspiration?

i think of it like this "If you dont like my new featured video, its something i upload, maybe my channel isn't for you"

I dont use one me but I can see why many people like to use them. Me personally I dont know they just havent glued with me yet, I like having my latest content there still like Sinc.

Do you have any shorter videos that show off the real you? Sometimes it's good to have something that shows off what you're channel is totally focused on.

Thanks guys, that makes sense. I think I'll need to put my thinking cap on designing it.

Have you got any suggestions on channels with good trailers? So I can get some inspiration?
I've been told by a few people we have a good channel trailer, not bragging but I have to agree it's worked well!

You don't want to lecture the new viewer either. The channel trailer should be just as entertaining and thought out as a regular video.

Back